Another revenue generator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shock, Horror, Latest regurgitated NEWS from the Daily Wail....

As seen elsewhere..a long time ago....:rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6082690.stm

Nice to see the DM keeping up with tradition. Forget the old saying No News is Good news..for them it's Old News Is News...

I just read the linked page and found there is actually no news in it. 90% recycled conjecture and the rest is speculation!

Oi, less Daily Mail slagging :D

I can freely admit the content is hardly new news, but I for one enjoy the daily mail and its "angle" on certain issues. Maybe they've just taken their time getting it to press to ensure the content is better worded, or that they've released this to have more impact now fuel price rises are "yesterdays" news.

my mother describes herself as a typical daily mail reader and we dont get on, thus by logic I have a pathalogical mistrust of people who take that paper as gospel, every puplication is edited so you are only reading 1 persons take on a situation, personally I dont like the daily wails angle on things, too much like a bunch of middle class wingers, but everybody is entitled to their own reads and opinions, that was mine

i believe everything in print. No matter if it turns out to be lies later. If someone thought of it, thats good enough proof for me.

I wonder why people who read the Daily Mail insist on quoting it so often?

My Dad is an avid reader and will often start a sentance with 'I read in the Daily Mail ............'

I wouldn't change the old boy of course!

But I've never noticed readers of other daily papers so ready to mention what they read.

Alright, DM seemed to know everything posted here.

Hand up those aware there will be different parking rate due to the size of your car engine. At the parking meter it says £3 for half hour. OK I have a 2litre engine what should I pay? Someone else got a 6.3 litre AMG, what should be paid? For a Prius, is it free?:eek:

I thought the emissions/parking levy was for residents parking, as opposed to metered bays..I'd heard of the free bays for low emission vehicles, but not different meter charges for gross polluters..sounds great...

I thought the emissions/parking levy was for residents parking, as opposed to metered bays..I'd heard of the free bays for low emission vehicles, but not different meter charges for gross polluters..sounds great...

That what the article is about. Should have gone to SpecSavers:D

Who got brainwashed or a numb brain?

I'll grant the numb brain bit..it's too much reading the news artcles on here...:p:D

It was only one line in the article though.
There are also plans in some areas for pay and display car parks to charge drivers of gas guzzlers more.

Is that fact that it's being brought in, if so where.? And how will it be policed, it would be a nightmare to enforce.

I'll grant the numb brain bit..it's too much reading the news artcles on here...:p:D

It was only one line in the article though.
There are also plans in some areas for pay and display car parks to charge drivers of gas guzzlers more.

Is that fact that it's being brought in, if so where.? And how will it be policed, it would be a nightmare to enforce.

You never know. Pay by mobile phone not using coins anymore.:D

This is call changing technology.

Time to get the car de-badged....:D

Sticking a Hybrid logo on tomorrow...

Hand up those aware there will be different parking rate due to the size of your car engine. At the parking meter it says £3 for half hour. OK I have a 2litre engine what should I pay? Someone else got a 6.3 litre AMG, what should be paid? For a Prius, is it free?:eek:
You mean a newspaper has speculated that it might happen. It's not actually been announced by anyone worth listening to has it?

If newspapers actually printed the *news* they'd struggle to cover the front page!

I wonder why people who read the Daily Mail insist on quoting it so often?

My Dad is an avid reader and will often start a sentance with 'I read in the Daily Mail ............'

I wouldn't change the old boy of course!

But I've never noticed readers of other daily papers so ready to mention what they read.

No disrespect intended to your Dad, but personally I think it's because they're so proud at being able to read, they feel the need to show it off a little ;-)

No disrespect intended to your Dad, but personally I think it's because they're so proud at being able to read, they feel the need to show it off a little ;-)

Daily Mail is not bad, News of the World, I would said bizarre.

Time to get the car de-badged....:D

Sticking a Hybrid logo on tomorrow...

if you have a manual and you put it in gear to start it is this not a hybrid?

im getting a dot and two c badges for the S class so it now reads 4.30cc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom