Another S211 E55...mega money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good photos of the rust and dustbins.

Gives a flavour of the car and the owner's attention to detail.

Still, the proof of a value is whether it sells.

£7k tops

I’d like to think that my 2005 with no rust, shiny headlamps, a few extras and 75k would be worth this.....at least.

Reactions: Abb
Where’s that thread where the guy reckons you’d be able to buy these for £2k or something?

Probably needs a bump soon ;)

Shame about that rust, If its going there i'd be very worries about the inner arches and rear subframe mount area.

Certainly looks well used.

Some invoices from Staithes Garage which is imho the best Mercedes independent garage in the North East. Good sign.

Really? 11 is high (the one at 9.5 hasn't sold) but it's worth a bit more than that don't you think?
To be honest with that mileage, I wouldn’t pay more than £7k, it’s probably hiding so many hidden faults which won’t be cheap :)
It doesn’t appear to be a well cared for example. :)

That mileage is no issue and rust doesn’t look too bad. 9k car In my opinion and wort 10-11 with paint sorted and major service.
I’ve got a 156k S211 55K as reference.

Seriously anyone who has a 211 and has rust there, needs to get those arch liners out and have alook whats behind.

That mileage is no issue and rust doesn’t look too bad. 9k car In my opinion and wort 10-11 with paint sorted and major service.
I’ve got a 156k S211 55K as reference.
The £9.5k one is a good reference too....it's been sat for a while now.
That has less miles and less rust.

I think at the mileage they're at, it's more about seeing what work has been done. As in, I've just spent £600 on mine getting some of the front suspension refreshed. It probably needs some spark plugs at the next service too.

My S211 has done about 10,000 miles less than yours.

I think at the mileage they're at, it's more about seeing what work has been done.
Absolutely. Engine mounts and rear brake pipes will be the thick end of a grand, just for starters.

There’s asking prices and selling prices.

I sold my last E55K wagon (summer 2019) for £6750. It was in better nick than this one (not perfect, but decent nick for the age/mileage - and had a higher spec)

I think with the visible issues it’s realistically no more than a £7k car, there’s got to be more work needed than what can be seen - and when you see rust that’s been left like that I start to wonder what else hasn’t been done/ignored.

Fair enough the mileage is not a deal breaker, but you can’t expect £11k for a car in that condition with work required. The photos outside by the bins, keys taped up, rust and peeling paint - I reckon the rear quarters and tailgate etc have been painted before (NSR to NSR door looks different shade of silver?)

Granted it’s an older car, but i don’t think it’s been cared for like many examples - eg Gav’s one or Alps old saloon etc. Still, it’s worth more than £2k now, isn’t it ;)

There’s asking prices and selling prices.

I sold my last E55K wagon (summer 2019) for £6750. It was in better nick than this one (not perfect, but decent nick for the age/mileage - and had a higher spec)

I think with the visible issues it’s realistically no more than a £7k car, there’s got to be more work needed than what can be seen - and when you see rust that’s been left like that I start to wonder what else hasn’t been done/ignored.

Fair enough the mileage is not a deal breaker, but you can’t expect £11k for a car in that condition with work required. The photos outside by the bins, keys taped up, rust and peeling paint - I reckon the rear quarters and tailgate etc have been painted before (NSR to NSR door looks different shade of silver?)

Granted it’s an older car, but i don’t think it’s been cared for like many examples - eg Gav’s one or Alps old saloon etc. Still, it’s worth more than £2k now, isn’t it ;)

Why did you let yours go so cheap Will?

Not sure how cheap I let it go really - I was going to sell it the year before and advertised it for £10,995 hoping to get around £10k or just below - but I took it off sale and held onto it as I was waiting for 6 weeks due to an issue with the garage when buying my replacement (my E63). Then I sold the E63 after almost a year and bought a replacement (my GL63) so used the E55K as a stop gap for a few more months.

In that last 12 months or so, the air con had stopped working (slow leak - it held gas for about a year or so) - a couple of tyres were getting low, advisory on the rear brake pipes on the MOT etc. I was honest with the advert - warts and all, but I didn’t see the point in putting any £££ into it as I had already bought a replacement and didn’t have much free time.

I think a few people were put off by the LPG kit (for no good reason, it was superb!) and the mileage - similar to these others, around 156k IIRC.

I sold my old silver E55K wagon (slightly lower spec, but around 110-115k miles) for £10k a year or two prior.

IMHO cars with 150k+ aren’t worth £10k+. I might have got another £1-2k for mine (£8-9k) if I spent the same sort of money on it but thought it better to sell it for a slightly cheaper price and let someone else do stuff as they wanted.

Was a great car though, did me well for the 4 years I had it :cool:

Not sure how cheap I let it go really - I was going to sell it the year before and advertised it for £10,995 hoping to get around £10k or just below - but I took it off sale and held onto it as I was waiting for 6 weeks due to an issue with the garage when buying my replacement (my E63). Then I sold the E63 after almost a year and bought a replacement (my GL63) so used the E55K as a stop gap for a few more months.

In that last 12 months or so, the air con had stopped working (slow leak - it held gas for about a year or so) - a couple of tyres were getting low, advisory on the rear brake pipes on the MOT etc. I was honest with the advert - warts and all, but I didn’t see the point in putting any £££ into it as I had already bought a replacement and didn’t have much free time.

I think a few people were put off by the LPG kit (for no good reason, it was superb!) and the mileage - similar to these others, around 156k IIRC.

I sold my old silver E55K wagon (slightly lower spec, but around 110-115k miles) for £10k a year or two prior.

IMHO cars with 150k+ aren’t worth £10k+. I might have got another £1-2k for mine (£8-9k) if I spent the same sort of money on it but thought it better to sell it for a slightly cheaper price and let someone else do stuff as they wanted.

Was a great car though, did me well for the 4 years I had it :cool:

👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom