Another satisfied MSL customer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FunkyFez

Car
W202 C43 AMG
After a first class outing to MSL in Birmingham, I wished to share my experience with everybody.

I had planned to have my car mapped for a while and after research and finally recommendation, Eurocharged was decided as the way forward. I contacted Acid through this forum and we had a chat about my requirements and what I was looking to achieve. Like some, I am very particular who works on my car and I immediately felt comfortable with what Acid told me.

MSL is situated around 450 miles from where I am based, but I could justify the journey, as Acid and his team have an outstanding reputation and that did it for me. I booked in for centre resonator delete, panel filters and the all-important Eurocharged map.

My whole experience was hassle free and Acid often took the time out of his busy day to come and chat and keep me posted on progress.

I always felt the W211 E63 AMG was very muted for a car that housed the M156 V8 and I was keen to see what removing the resonator would give. I can honestly say this is by far and away the best mod I have ever had completed. It now sounds glorious on start-up and gives off a meaty V8 burble under load, but remains silent at motorway cruising speeds. I would highly recommend this mod if you feel your E63 is a little too ‘grown up’.

Next up was strapping to the rolling road and getting the map sorted out. After the initial power shoot, we saw 523BHP, which was more than I expected. After some further diagnosis, it was agreed that my car had already been mapped (the when and where is still a mystery to me). Acid was again very honest that the Eurocharged map would make similar power, but to me the headline figure is only part of the equation and I agreed to proceed. After some email tooing and froing with Eurocharged in the states, the new map ran at about 525 BHP with 520 lbs/ft. At this point I have to take my hat off to Acid who offered to upload the original map if I was unhappy with the power gains, which I declined, as it was the overall package that I went for, not just the power gain.

The 450 mile return journey was an absolute hoot and I had the opportunity to re-learn my car all over again. It is generally far more responsive, gear changes are certainly more pronounced and positive and coupled with the additional exhaust vocal, the car feels 30 – 40BHP stronger.

A big thumbs up to Acid and his team for getting me on the road home again at the time they said and a very positive experience all round. Now some buzzwords and phrases to sum it all up – First Class, Professional, Attention to Detail, Friendly, Honest and Knowledgeable.

Cheers,
Neal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom