Another scam (yawn)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
This morning many people here had the pleasure of this scammer email, which must rank amongst the most pathetic we have seen for a long time, being yet another rehash of the old, old next of kin scam:

Dear Friend

I am Mr. C. Smith. I am accounting officer at foriegn accounts
department in our bank Continental bank of Cotonou Benin republic west
Africa.

During our last auditing in our Bank,My Department came across a very huge indeed sum of money (9.5 million dollars) Nine million five hundred thousand
dollars,belonging to one deceased customer of our Bank Engineer Fredrick
Ivanova,a Forigner,who died in the fatal plane crash of 31 october 1999[] with other passengers aboard.

Since I have made several enquiries to many foriegn embassy here to locate
any of clients extended relatives, this has proved unsuccessful.

After these several and many unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his extended relatives over the Internet, to locate any of his family member but of no avail,Hence I contacted you for you are a forigner as our late customer .

I need your assistance in evacuation of the huge funds left behind by our deceased client in the Bank before they confisicated or declared unserviceable by the Government, because official, financial laws here stipulate it that after five years any fund or assets deposited with bank/security firm without claim or servicing, the money or assets will be divert to central bank as unclaime bill.

Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the extended relatives for over 2 years now, I seek your concent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you are a Forigner, so that the proceeds of this deposit valued at $9.5 million dollars can be paid to you and we share the money, I have all necessary legal documents and proof that can be used to back up claim we may make.

Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that everything has been well taken care off, and all will be well at the end of the day. I decided to contact you due to the urgency of this transaction.To ease your apprehension, I got your contact from the British chambers of commerce and industry, foreign trade division.

All I require is your honest business cooperation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that all this business will be executed under a good and legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any legal breach of law. You have to assure me that you will not sit on funds when it is finally claimed by
you.

To further enjoy in this opportunity please send me

* Full Name:
* Residential/Contact Address:
*Zip-Code
*City:
* Contact Phone Number's):
* Email:
*Bankers details
*Employer
*Social security number
* passport number and place of issue
*Marital Status
*Wifes' maidan name (if married) or mothers' maidan name

You shall be immediately compensated with 25% of the total sum (3.0 million dollars) on final conclusion of this project for your great assistance, as I have also thought of doling out 5% to charity organisation from your locality based on your recommendation another 5% for the services of the lawyer while the balance 65% shall be for me for investment purposes in your country as i cannot bring back this cash to my country.

Expecting your quick response,
Best regards,

Why do these people even bother getting out of bed? :confused:

Too late. The money's already in my account. However, I need assistance in getting out of the country. If you could provide me with the same details as listed above then I we can split it 50/50 when the money is beyond the grasp of the taxman.

Too late. The money's already in my account. However, I need assistance in getting out of the country. If you could provide me with the same details as listed above then I we can split it 50/50 when the money is beyond the grasp of the taxman.

Cant we do a 3 way split, I have an account out of the UK

He forgot to ask for * inside leg measurement:rolleyes:

Tell him your name is Anita Gofradump :D :D
This reminds me of that great airport jape - contrived passenger announcements....could the following go to airport information

Arheddis Varkenjaab and Aywellbe Fayed
Arhevbin Fayed and Bybeiev Rhibodie
Aynayda Pizaqvick and Malexa Kriest
Awul Dasfilshabeda and Nowaynayda Zheet
Makollig Jezvahted and Levdaroum DeBahzted
Steelaygot Maowenbach and Tuka Piziniztee

You can guess what they're meant to be [and still make me guffaw]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom