Another SL60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would assume it is the same car with was up for sale at about £25k ish earlier this year.
Remember the one with no heated seats for sale on PistonHeads?
It was discussed somewhere on here, IIRC.

Re: The alloys. I thought they were replicas, too.
However, if you look on their website at the a close up shot of the front alloy, you can just make out an AMG stamp on the lower most spoke. I think it's just poor photography.

It is a lovely car, and now a better price, even without heated seats :)

Darren

Yup, agreed. Same car as before but more realistic price. I also agree that it looks like the wheels are genuine AMG ones and the pictures barely show it. The text suggest they are AMG's and I tend to agree.

Aside from the lack of heated heats which I think is a real strange omission for a convertible costing £100k I am not a fan of that colour of dash. This dash colour and steering wheel colour is something I don;t think I could live with and stare at all the time. Would have preferred a light grey interior with grey/black dash/wheel.

Lovely car and seemingly original SL60 though. Well worth £15k maybe £17k but not sure about £20k. I can see why someone would pay £20k for it though if it was one or two owners?

Had my wallet out there... but sadly its sold.

I was at the SL day yesterday and almost had a seizure when i found myself standing next to the only? RHD SL73 AMG.

I was at the SL day yesterday and almost had a seizure when i found myself standing next to the only? RHD SL73 AMG.

:eek: The Charles Ironside one?
Started life as the Brunei Family's SL730 AMG, I guess. I do love that car.

Now come on jaymanek, you know the score.....photos are simply a MUST after a post like that ;) :D

Darren

Yes it was bought at ironside.. Do you remember his asking price?

SL731.jpg

SL73.jpg

High 40's from memory (I think it was £48,000) and a few years prior to that, mid to late 30's (back in 07)

Wow...only one SL73 RHD. Now that is a special and rare car. If it was £20-£25k now surely that would be a good buy.

How much did the SL60 go for?

Where was the SL day Jay?

Just checked - last offer price was £44,950 (don't know what it actually sold for)

Wow...only one SL73 RHD. Now that is a special and rare car. If it was £20-£25k now surely that would be a good buy.

How much did the SL60 go for?

Where was the SL day Jay?

The SL day was an offiicial club event at Berkeley Castle... great turnout, must have been well over 100 SL's - many many R107's.

The SL60 would have fetched its asking price of £20K no doubt. Very low miles.

yeah, it was a good price. Only listed for a couple of days though.

The SOB spec (Sultan of Brunei) SL73 had more power than standard SL73s too - 565ps!

For that money I would take an SL65 with over 600hp thanks. Mid £30's and you can outaccelerate virtually anything on the road. Yes, a fortune to maintain but I the SL73 will be far from cheap too.

For that money I would take an SL65 with over 600hp thanks. Mid £30's and you can outaccelerate virtually anything on the road. Yes, a fortune to maintain but I the SL73 will be far from cheap too.

I'm not so sure - No turbos, no ABC, far less electronics. Basic running costs are probably similar, but in the event of failure I can't help but feel the older car will be less painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom