Another software update.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Name the good dealers.... :)

I had so far 4 services done at MB Brooklands, under Service Care Plan. The first 3 were great, can't fault them. The last one (Dec 2020) wasn't as smooth, they claimed it was because they were short-staffed due to COVID, and I am willing to let them have the benefit of the doubt. So they'll definitely see me again in December 2021.
Hi Markjay, I have booked my service at MB Brooklands for middle of July, on your recommendation, and also their google reviews, travelling from NE London, did state when I booked, that I will wait whilst it’s service is carried out. Did I read somewhere that there is a Mercedes museum next to Brooklands.

There's a museum and a coffee shop, lots of tables so I just sit there with my laptop over a cup of coffee - after a tour of the museum. Just make sure that the museum will be open on the day you are there (it should be, as we're no longer in lockdown, but worth checking).

My update was done some time last week, I got a message on the Mercedes Me app to say it had been done. It’s the 2nd time the emergency call feature has been updated the first one being August 2019

Just had a letter drop on the door mat from Mercedes. My W213 needs an update as the emergency call function in the event of an accident may fail to give my exact position the system is called ‘e call’. The update is done automatically through the communication module ( HERMES) in the next couple of weeks

I have to ring them if I don’t want this done otherwise they assume I would like it done.
I had the same mine was updated last week went for a drive to Brighton to see it son.

Attachments

• 6BADE3E4-1FDC-4E1F-9ED6-427604B599F6.png
    6BADE3E4-1FDC-4E1F-9ED6-427604B599F6.png
    949.2 KB · Views: 12
I’m suspicious of anything you let them touch. Wouldn’t surprise me to find some warning or other pop up shortly after, necessitating a trip to the dealer. Next thing you know my auto parking will be gone. No thanks, my car is working just fine thank you very much.

I don't think you can stop it as it as the Ecall update is done remotely :rolleyes:

I don't think you can stop it as it as the Ecall update is done remotely :rolleyes:

You can de-select 'Automatic Update' in the menus, but who knows whether that stops all updates or not!

I'm guessing that if the car is taken to the dealer and there's an outstanding emissions update that would be done at the same time.

Has anybody had other work completed but refused the emissions update and dealer been happy to do one and not the other?
When mine was in for a routine service a couple of months ago, they said there was a software update to be done. I asked if it was an emissions update and they said yes. I declined the update and the service agent accepted that without question.

Just as an aside ... I've spotted that my S205 (NTG 5.5) consistently connects to the Live services much faster since the recall/software upgrade for the SOS function. Previously it often took 3-4 mins to connect (meaning that route planning was nearly always done without live traffic info.), and frequently only got a 3G connection as well. Now it always seems to be 4G and the connection time is usually under a minute (this is from various start locations that I use regularly). Anybody else noticed the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom