Another steamy tale...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baxlin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skoda Octavia and JZR 3 wheeler
Car is 2013 W204 C220, and the windscreen takes an age to demist in the morning, as bad as any car I've previously owned.

I use the "max demist" button, and, as stated on other threads (yes, I have searched!!) this seems to turn the rest of the AC off - not a problem, if it would only demist the screen sooner!

I don't think there are any leaks - it's a new car - so is it a case of "TADT,Sir", or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Malcolm

Check the cabin filter is clean and dry and the windscreen scuttle drains are clear

if the mist on the screen is just that, light fogging/mist then it should clean very quickly. if it looks like micro water droplets then it is likely a leak or wet mats from feet. This time of year is bad and ambient temps are dropping and the car will always be warmer internally so changes in air temp can cause rapid misting but the AC should clear it swiftly enough.

the max demist will turn the AC on, the fans to full, the vents to windscreen and the heaters to max. you should just get a trickle of air from the other side vents.

dont bother doing anything yourself other than the basics (double check the manual :thumb: for your own piece of mind). go back to MB all under warranty and tell them the issue and if there is a solution they will come up with it or replace, clean, check anything needed without cost to you except for the time taken and a coffee whilst you wait.

I don't know specically what Mecedes do about this, but, generally, A/C in cars doesn't work below about 3C to stop the evaporator from freezing.

Thanks, all.

I think I'll have a chat with the local dealer, as there shouldn't be leaks at less than 8000 miles, and I would hope the cabin filter would last a bit longer. I will make sure the scuttle drains are clear, though, to save any embarrassment!!

The car is kept outside, but then so have all my previous cars.

Last edited:
I was quite surprised at how efficient my front demister was, so I would think somethin was not right with yours. I dont use my a/c much but when I turn the demister off the a/c automatically comes on, which is not a problem. It only seems to be Ford for some reason that do a heated front screen as standard on most models. Ive found these very good.

I have to keep a roll of paper towels in the car for drying inside of front screen. My car is bone dry inside and no blocked drain wells either.T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom