Another suggestion for the Mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
Sometimes a post gets lots of THANKS (not mine I'm sad to say) and the THANKS are sorted alphabetically. This means that new member ZZIT adds his thanks to a 4 year old post his THANKS appear first.

Why not leave the THANKS in the order they were received. I realise being alphabetical makes finding a particular members THANKS easier to find, but having to read the list could have it's benefits.

How does ZZIT appear first alphabetically?

I'm struggling to see how this is an issue. The date on which the thanks was left appears in parentheses for those who are interested, but doesn't necessarily signify much beyond how quickly the 'thanker' got to the post. Those who virtually live on the forum will generally get theirs in first, while others may take a day or two (or more) to get round to it.

What advantage do you see in knowing the order in which thanks was given for a post?

I'm struggling to see how this is an issue. The date on which the thanks was left appears in parentheses for those who are interested, but doesn't necessarily signify much beyond how quickly the 'thanker' got to the post. Those who virtually live on the forum will generally get theirs in first, while others may take a day or two (or more) to get round to it.

What advantage do you see in knowing the order in which thanks was given for a post?

It is not an issue, just a thought.

The advantage if any is that the thread starter has to read the list if they are looking to see if a particular member has added their thanks, rather than skipping through to the start letter of the name.

Maybe I should have asked why instead of just adding names as they are entered, did someone decide to rearrange them alphabetically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom