Another trip to Frankfurt, yet more Mercedes Spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
In a similar vein to my previous "spotted" threads, I thought I'd share some more photos of cars I saw during my trip to Frankfurt at the beginning of December 2011.

I like Mercedes, you like Mercedes, so hopefully you'll enjoy the following! :)

First up, a Brabus modified G-Wagon. It appeared to have full Brabus bodykit, wheels and brakes, so I assume had Brabus suspension, too. No interior modifications, and I'm sorry to say I am unsure whether the engine was fettled. it did have a Brabus exhuast, though.
DSCN9047.jpg

DSCN9049.jpg

DSCN9048.jpg

Next a CLS63 AMG spotted by the train station. (I could tell it was a 63, buy a facelift interior and higher redline on the rev counter.)
DSCN9094.jpg

I also saw this rather curious 190. Badged just "190", I assume it was a carb model. It had an AMG steering wheel, rear bumper and side skirts, yet no AMG front bumper. The steel wheels I attribute to winter wheels. A little odd, but thought I would share anyway.
DSCN9101.jpg

DSCN9100.jpg

DSCN9102.jpg

This next car was the first (and to date the only) SLS AMG Roadster I have seen on the road. Lovely colour for the roof! Beautifully compliments the white paint, IMO.
DSCN9104.jpg

I then saw a Lorinser modified W221. No idea which engine it had, let alone if that was modified too. I haven't liked too many of Lorinser's recent offerings, but I quite liked this in the flesh. Subtle it is NOT, yet still pleasing the eye.
DSCN9108.jpg

DSCN9107.jpg

DSCN9106.jpg

Next, here's a single photo of an A210 for no reason other than it's the rarest A-Class, and I like them! :D
DSCN9170.jpg

I also this W123 230E. It looks in superb condition in the photos, this standing up to a closer look in the metal! Truely a lovely example in a wonderful retro colour :thumb:
DSCN9187.jpg

DSCN9188.jpg

Finally, I shall end this thread how I began. In a nearby town, I saw a current generation G-Class - this one a 350 Bluetech Diesel. Not particularly special, however I'm a huge fan of the G :cool:
DSCN9320.jpg

DSCN9321.jpg

Thank you for the pictures Darren.Since that first G had Brabus brakes,it might be the real deal
And +1 about Lorinser and I think they`re spoiling everything by trying so hard

The W201 has the wooden dash same as my German friend Toby's with the wooden bezel along the bottom edge ( his is a Carat Duchatelet and originally brought over from Germany ) and something I've never seen on a UK car .

The W123 is Champagne Gold metallic , as was my old 280TE and one of the nicer colours of the period .

10/10 for that parking job though

Was just going to say the same.

Think I would have driven round the block a few more times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom