Another W169 window problem !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slime

Car
LR Wolf Convertible.
Hi all
My wife's W169 has electric front windows that should have a one touch express function.
This only works when closing the windows and not when shutting them.
I've tried the reset procedure in the handbook but that just won't work. I've also tried other suggestions that I've found on the internet.
The odd thing is that when opening the windows there definitely feels like there's a two position function when pressing the window button, but, on the way up the buttons don't feel as though they have two distinct positions ............................ if that makes any sense.
This is the same for both front windows and switches, the rear windows are not electric.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,

Slime.

P.S. My wife can never remember them working and the battery was changed a couple of years ago.

I am retrofitting folding mirrors, and bought a replacement switch pack, so will have my (perfectly functioning) switch pack for sale shortly.
My car is a coupe, so only front windows buttons, just like yours. If your side mirrors are not folding, it will fit perfectly.

I also have a brand new passenger side single window switch for sale.

Which brings me to this question - do you get two points up, when operating the single switch on the passenger door?

I have come across the fault you describing, when searching for a new switch pack - one I bought didn't have the secondary clicks up or down.
As far as I know, this is due to tiny pins breaking off inside, and the only remedy is a new switch - some people on Canadian W245 forum tried repairing the individual buttons, but it is an extremely fiddly process, and the end result was questionable (mismatched buttons etc).

Well, the new switch pack was fitted just over a week ago, and the original one is for sale now - it's in excellent condition, works perfectly and I will supply full instructions as to how to remove and replace it (a couple of Mercedes WIS pages).

Let me know if you're still interested.

43996827171_7dd9054e72_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom