Another W211 NTG1 AUX question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Sorry for another question about this topic. I've been round the houses on this one....intially because I foolishly thought I had an NTG2 system. Now I realise I have an NTG1 system :doh:

Anyway, I've found this: Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes SatNav/COMAND :: COMAND Retrofit parts :: W211 last E, W219 CLS :: Aux input for cars for W211/W219 E/CLS cars with COMAND APS NTG1

Where abouts does this plug into please? All the ports on the back of my unit look taken and I've stripped back the footwell in my passenger side and i cant seem to locate a free plastic white port.

Here's a picture of the back of my unit:
ntg1.jpg

Clearly, now I've discovered its an NTG1 system I intend to make full use of the DVD (MP3) facility in the head unit (its only taken two years to find this out!):rolleyes::doh::wallbash: :D However, in the longterm I'd like to try and add an aux lead in the glove box.

Thanks in advance

Jim

2nd socket from the right is where the aux input would connect. You either have aux input or ipod kit fitted?

Thanks for the qucik reply. Are you saying that second socket from the right, which is already taken, is the aux input or ipod connection? If so that would suggest i should have an output/connector somewhere but i cant for the life of me find it. Surely it should be in the glove box?

any ideas?

Yes. It can only be an aux input or the optional ipod kit connected to that connector. Some people retrofit the aux input in more easily accessible places like the centre console.

Last edited:
OK - many thanks. back to the drawing board then.

I'll have to strip more stuff out and see if i can trace this little tinker!

:eek:

Ooh - you have a video in and out capable unit.

Have you looked in the top of the glovebox for the aux-in socket?

The glovebox input will have a bung in it
ADR from the same material as the glovebox innards. It should be on the passenger door side. You need to remove the bumf with a sharp blade.

3.5 " jack will be there at the top of the glove box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom