Another "Whats it worth" post.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martyn_n

Car
W124 E320, W163 ML270 & W166 ML350
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, by all means move me on if appropriate.

It is with a very heavy heart that I have decided to throw in the towel on my 1995 E320. The poor old girl has been sat on the drive for the last twelve moths after it failed its MOT on rusty front spring seats. Over the last two days I have taken the wheel wells apart and the rust is more prolific than I expected and as I cannot weld I have decided to put her back together and call it a day. For most cars it would be a call to the scrappy and let them take it away but I am aware that the specification of the car means the parts are far more valuable than just scrap. In short it is a full on Sportline model with the four seat recaro interior, sportline chassis (including quick steering box) and an ASD limited slip diff. Add this to the expensive wiring looms and the super smooth engine with new head gasket within the last 5k miles its obvious future is as a donor for a project. I don't have the facilities to strip it myself and sell the bits on eBay so will be looking at a spares or repair sale. Some bits I'll sell separately like the proper 124 AMG wheels and gearknob that always seem popular though.

So the question is, what do people think I will get for it as a package. I'm in no hurry (it's been like this for a year), but any cash would be helpful in my mission to replace the towcar W163 for a W166. (And the wife can have the drive back!)

OK, I've calmed down and had a cup of coffee or two. I'm going to get a mobile welder to have a look and let me know whether he can sort it for the MOT, if its do-able I'll order the new spring mounts (£120ish each!!) and get him to do it.
Anybody know a decent mobile welder in the Leicester area?

Welding now done, just need to clean all the bits up and put it back together again, I don't know why I got so despondent earlier!! AND we have bought the wife the 166 so we didn't need the additional funds anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom