Another Xbox question - Final Fantasy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Do the Final Fantasy games marked Xbox Live have to have the internet connected to be played or can they be played without being connected to Xbox Live?

Although they are getting the Xbox - we hadn't intended putting it through the internet just yet. One of the lads loves Final Fantasy and we'd llike to get him FFX1 - but if it isn't going to work - there's not much point.:crazy:

Help!!!!!!!!

(bring back the days of dominos - things were so much easier then!)

Last edited:
I don't have this game myself, but according to play.com it is online only, so now offline play :(

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/667329/Final-Fantasy-XI-Online/Product.html

You are missing out on an awful lot by not putting the 360 onto the net though, depending on how old the kids are - there is a lot of fun on xbox live, but a lot of idiots swearing etc as well.

Would be well worth hooking it up to the internet when you first get it as it will update and install NXE - the new dashboard, which is a big improvement over the old interface.

I don't have this game myself, but according to play.com it is online only, so now offline play :(

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/667329/Final-Fantasy-XI-Online/Product.html

You are missing out on an awful lot by not putting the 360 onto the net though, depending on how old the kids are - there is a lot of fun on xbox live, but a lot of idiots swearing etc as well.

Would be well worth hooking it up to the internet when you first get it as it will update and install NXE - the new dashboard, which is a big improvement over the old interface.

Thanks for that. I don't mind connecting to update it but it comes down to money tbh and it's already cost an arm and a leg as it is. Xbox Live will come in the future as another gift - unless they want to buy it themselves!

The kids are 15 going on 54, 12 going on 17 and nicely 9 - so a bit of an awkward mix for unmonitored internet access.:crazy:

But thanks for solving that for me.

If it helps, the current cream of the crop for 360 are:

Gears of War 2
Call of Duty World at War
Fallout 3
Fable 2 (Similar in style in some respects to FF type games)

And of course older classics :

GTA IV
Bioshock
Forza Motorsport 2
Burnout Paradise
Halo 3

But it all depends on your tastes, and of course what kind of games you are happy with them playing

The gold level of live will cost you about £30 for a year (13 months actually, buy from ebay), and a lot of the games I mentioned will come (if bought new) with a code for 48 hours free of gold live service.

Toy cars....

sorry wrong thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom