Another year of the old dear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
After much dithering whether to buy another motor I've finally committed to keeping my W203 for another year. I've just bought a new set of tyres and getting it serviced (it's due in 1000 miles). Very soon I've had my motor longer than any other car. Says a lot really. My missus is happy.

It's done 80,000 miles now and is nearly 5 years old :crazy:

I can understand you hanging on to the old dear. I regretted selling my C270, and am happy again now I have another W203.

Aaaw that's great!

I know the feeling though. I've never kept a car as long as I've kept Edna and am investing in new wheels for her atm. I have no intention of seeing her go anywhere and she's been mine now for over four years.

If push came to shove and she had to go then so it would be - but until that happens she stays with me - and the occasional loan to Mr P.

Hello

The only 'problem' keeping them longer is then the price to change to get in the equivalent model. Not so bad it you budget for its replacement as you go...

I tend to swap far too quickly although I've had the ML a whole year :) and no 'plans' yet to swap..

Although I'm always looking.

I miss the roof down from my previous cars but it does what we need from it at the moment :)

There comes a point in time where you say that you will hang on till almost the end. I will keep the SL for some years then exchange it for a AMG mobility scooter :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom