Another "Zoe" on the mbclub fleet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timster

Car
Currently Merc' Less.
Hi!

After reasonably extensive research and test driving and a lot of maths I've just ordered a Renault Zoe. I know, from the very helpful threads on this forum, that I'm not the only one here with one.

It's going to be the second car for the family and I'll mainly use it for my 50 mile commute 5 days a week.

Agreed on a PCP deal for well under £200 pcm including the battery leasing. 10k pa.

Will let you know how we get on with ours!!

Seems the MB Club may have more Zoe's than MBs soon!!! I'm getting shot of my ageing C32 AMG for one!! My commute is only about 10 miles a day so a no brainer really!

Just had to look up wtf a Renaut Zoe was. Well each to their own but I'd rather slide down a razor blade using my balls as brakes than drive one of them :bannana:

Just had to look up wtf a Renaut Zoe was. Well each to their own but I'd rather slide down a razor blade using my balls as brakes than drive one of them :bannana:

Seems that you are not a fan then?? :)

Seems that you are not a fan then?? :)

Or he likes pain…

if-you_re-masochistic_19687_.jpg

Hate the things if I'm honest. Wouldn't work for me even if I did. If I drove it to work is need a 600 metre extension cable to plug it in and even then the company I work for would probably try to charge me for using their lecky :)

AMGeed said:
^ That will be fun after a C32:(
Trust me if you'd poured £20k over a four year period into a **** box C32 anything will be fun! Far more to life than trying to keep a car on the road that clearly doesn't want to be there! No rust, no water leaks, no coolant pumps, water pumps, leaking intercooler, petrol or road tax to worry about......and I'd probably get the same distance from one Zoe charge as do out of a tank in the Merc!

Last edited:
Another"Zoe" on the mblub fleet!

Hate the things if I'm honest. Wouldn't work for me even if I did. If I drove it to work is need a 600 metre extension cable to plug it in and even then the company I work for would probably try to charge me for using their lecky :)

Suggest you start circulating your CV :dk:

I was thinking of getting one of these or a Nissan leaf as a second car as my commute is only 15 miles and then I could get a Porsche for the weekends.

How do you guys get second car insurance when your NCBs tied up on your first vehicle? Or are you all middle aged?:D :p

I had never heard of a Zoe either.

If you need an electric car, then you don't need a car.

Surely a bus or train would be better.

How far does an electric car run when you have heated seats, interior heater, heated mirrors and rear window, headlights and windscreen wipers on at the same time? :D

tec said:
I had never heard of a Zoe either. If you need an electric car, then you don't need a car. Surely a bus or train would be better. How far does an electric car run when you have heated seats, interior heater, heated mirrors and rear window, headlights and windscreen wipers on at the same time? :D

70-90 miles ......you programme it to demist or defrost whilst it's still plugged in before you even get out of bed so whilst you guys are still faffing about warming your cars up I'm already at work!!

As a comparison.......20 miles in my C32 costs £6.60.........20 miles (yes not as fun or fast maybe) in a Zoe costs 50p......! I was ridiculed by my mates back in the early 90's for getting a mobile phone............so you know the electric revolution is coming.......!!!

Last edited:
If you need an electric car, then you don't need a car.

Your post is one of the oddest in terms of logic that I've seen for a while.

Much as I'm against electric cars simply for their own sake - there are a number of use cases for them that work rather well if the pricing is right. And the pricing available on the Zoe makes it worth considering as a practical proposition when your needs fit these use cases.

Trust me if you'd poured £20k over a four year period into a **** box C32 anything will be fun! Far more to life than trying to keep a car on the road that clearly doesn't want to be there! No rust, no water leaks, no coolant pumps, water pumps, leaking intercooler, petrol or road tax to worry about......and I'd probably get the same distance from one Zoe charge as do out of a tank in the Merc!

You didn't have the best of luck with that car did you:wallbash:
Think I read every problem you had and you stuck with it a lot longer than I would ever done.
You need an E55K in your life! Stuff the electric cars. They will be the only thing we can drive in years to come. Time to drive V8's while you still can.:D

AMGeed said:
You didn't have the best of luck with that car did you:wallbash: Think I read every problem you had and you stuck with it a lot longer than I would ever done. You need an E55K in your life! Stuff the electric cars. They will be the only thing we can drive in years to come. Time to drive V8's while you still can.:D

I'll be back in a fast car in years to come! Just need to lick my financial wounds from this car first!!!

Some interesting if slightly wrong comments!

No bus or train running from the Scottish Borders to Midlothian where I work. By commuting in an electric car it will free up our other car for my family while not breaking the bank. In fact, what j save in diesel each month more than pays for the Zoe and the increase in the electric bill will be minimal.

Financially it's a no brainer.

As for ncb mine win be transferred to the Zoe and the merc will be insured in my wife's name using her ncb as she will become the main driver.

It's not a merc. It's not a v6 but it's a cheap practical form of reliable transport within its range that requires no maintenance and I hand back after 2 years. With the government grant of 5k and a free home charger point from Renault there was no other offers out there on non electric cars that came anywhere close.

It's also quite fun to drive - a bit like a go cart. You just have to get it into your head that it's not a merc and when you get used to that enjoy it for what it is!!

I was tempted by an i3 when looking for my c250. However for me and my wife its main car money for what would be a second car, as my commute is fairly short but my car is the main one at weekends.

However if things change and 2 become 3 and she stops work I see her using the Merc and then I'd replace her fiesta with something like a Zoe just for my commute.

Timster said:
Some interesting if slightly wrong comments! No bus or train running from the Scottish Borders to Midlothian where I work. By commuting in an electric car it will free up our other car for my family while not breaking the bank. In fact, what j save in diesel each month more than pays for the Zoe and the increase in the electric bill will be minimal. Financially it's a no brainer. As for ncb mine win be transferred to the Zoe and the merc will be insured in my wife's name using her ncb as she will become the main driver. It's not a merc. It's not a v6 but it's a cheap practical form of reliable transport within its range that requires no maintenance and I hand back after 2 years. With the government grant of 5k and a free home charger point from Renault there was no other offers out there on non electric cars that came anywhere close. It's also quite fun to drive - a bit like a go cart. You just have to get it into your head that it's not a merc and when you get used to that enjoy it for what it is!!

Exactly my view and feeling towards the Zoe! Both my wife and I work less than 5 miles from home and we also have a derv for longer journeys! I've had 250+hp cars for the last decade, and can say I've owned an AMG! Now it's about my family, my wife working less hours to bring up our daughter, and have no worries about big bills!! Plus the Zoe is a hoot to drive, I can only liken it to my 2002 Clio 172 on the move!

Financially it's a no brainer.

It's also quite fun to drive - a bit like a go cart. You just have to get it into your head that it's not a merc and when you get used to that enjoy it for what it is!!

Hope you remember that when it glides to a halt on the dip on Soutra this November!

Plus the Zoe is a hoot to drive, I can only liken it to my 2002 Clio 172 on the move!

Those who have never tried an EV denigrate them loudest.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom