Another "Zoe" on the mbclub fleet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Deane x said:
Ok a bit harsh but if it was me I would spend a bit more for a golf GTE EV it will hold its money far better and looks far better ..do people look at the Zoe and leaf with rose tinned glasses I really don't see the attraction over similar priced cars ..you say you would not touch a merc with a barge pole ,,don't for get your merc was old and was probably miss used by last owner

Who's worried about residuals though!? I'm not! Cheep car for three years, let Renault take the hit on value, and hand the key back!!! But I still wouldn't touch another Merc!! But that's just my opinion! Plus a £28k golf including the £5k government grant is a whole wedge more than a £12k Zoe after government grant...........so not really similarly priced......

Who's worried about residuals though!? I'm not! Cheep car for three years, let Renault take the hit on value, and hand the key back!!! But I still wouldn't touch another Merc!! But that's just my opinion! Plus a £28k golf including the £5k government grant is a whole wedge more than a £12k Zoe after government grant...........so not really similarly priced......
Are you leaseing the car then ? Trouble with one old merc and it's put you off :confused: try going in to merc and trying a new one or a good second hand one ..and with a c32 amg I thought you was a petrol head ..now the only thing on your head should be balaclava

Deane x said:
Are you leaseing the car then ? Trouble with one old merc and it's put you off :confused: try going in to merc and trying a new one or a good second hand one ..and with a c32 amg I thought you was a petrol head ..now the only thing on your head should be balaclava

Why do people have to write stupid comments?!

Last edited:
Neil Mackay said:
Why do people have to write stupid comments?!

Stupid is as stupid does...

Less of the insults please.
I like the Renault Zoe, and I am old, rather girly at times, and have been known to wear a balaclava.

So there.

Less of the insults please.
I like the Renault Zoe, and I am old, rather girly at times, and have been known to wear a balaclava.

So there.

Now I have the image of an elderly, camp bank robber in my head.

Thanks for that.

Wow. Deane x. Serious issues there. Let it go why don't you!!! Mods - please close this thread it's been turned into an abuse of people who think outside the box by one bigoted individual which was never the intention. Thanks.

You want a Sharon?

VW_Sharan_front_20071026.jpg

Explains a lot.

I wonder if the Zoe would get so much negativity if it had an internal combustion engine under the bonnet!? After all, it's really only a clio with different panels on, and I haven't seen any threads slating those recently!?

If it's characteristics fit your commute (bearing in mind we're talking commute, not weekend toy) I can't see the problem.

I expect we'll all be driving electric cars one day

My pal's wife wanted to go electric - he bought her a Sybian and she uses it every day and loves it with a passion :cool:;).

developer said:
If it's characteristics fit your commute (bearing in mind we're talking commute, not weekend toy) I can't see the problem. I expect we'll all be driving electric cars one day My pal's wife wanted to go electric - he bought her a Sybian and she uses it every day and loves it with a passion :cool:;).

Thanks for that. Just googled Sybian on works computer - looks like I won't be needing the Zoe for my commute after all - I'll be out of a job when IT gets onto me!!!

Oops, sorry!

On a Google search you only get text, so provided you didn't click on a link you should remain employed.

I stopped at the text so am sure it'll be ok!!

That's the wife's Christmas present sorted though!

If it's characteristics fit your commute (bearing in mind we're talking commute, not weekend toy) I can't see the problem.

25 miles each way through the middle of Reading. It's the perfect commute tool...if it ever bloody arrives :wallbash:

Deane x said:

They are a good looking car for sure but the cost of them for such new technology makes them less attractive financially as the Zoe! Same with Beemer EV's and hybrids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom