Anpr.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maco

Car
2021 A220D AMG Executive Saloon.
So in October I was involved in some road rage in my van, my registration was taken down by the other drive & the police were contacted. The next day i drove past an ANPR camera & patrol car was coming the other way. He instantly turned around and pulled my van over, the reason the officer give was the van had been reported for criminal activity. I'm guessing the other drive involved in the road rage gave some bull story to make sure I got pulled over.
Now my question is, does this stay on the police system for a certain amount of time or is it wiped once I was pulled over and had the conversation with the police officer?

Now before anyone says, why are you bothered if you've got nothing to do hide?
Well the reason is the van is a work van, and I do go to people's houses etc for work, it certainly doesn't look very professional going to someone's house and having the police pull up behind wanting a quick word.

Also, the road rage incident was when a car pulled out right in front of my van. So much so that if I hadn't brake extremely hard I would of hit him, so I hadn't a few impolite words to say to him

I would imagine that once you were pulled over and spoken to by the officer, the matter was dealt with. Otherwise I would have expected you'd have been pulled over again before now.

If it still bothers you, call into a police station and ask them if you are still on the wanted list:D

It's funny, since October I haven't passed a single police car. Well apart from a normal panda car, I've even done out and drove a few miles round busy towns looking for patrol cars but can't find one. It's right what they say, they never around when you need them

So to summarise:

Another driver makes a mistake.

You react aggressively.

You get reported to the police.

Police are interested in you.

I think that you are going to have to live with the consequences of your actions.

So to summarise:

Another driver makes a mistake.

You react aggressively.

You get reported to the police.

Police are interested in you.

I think that you are going to have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Just the type of reply I expected. Thank you for your irrelevant response.
As for making a mistake, looking to your right on a roundabout and seeing a big transit van & then still pulling out Is far from a mistake.
Surely your perfect though and have never made a mistake or reacted aggressively in your life?

Well, you did ask.

Sorry but your response didn't answer what I asked at all, it was just a petty response. Jobsworth does come to mind if I'm honest

Now now fellas! Calm down!

Maco the officers that pulled you should have updated their systems and taken the mark off your registration. So you shouldn't really be stopped again if they were satisfied with your version of events.

If they do you'll have to go to the station to get it taken off and get written confirmation.

Hope that helps

fchana786 said:
Now now fellas! Calm down! Maco the officers that pulled you should have updated their systems and taken the mark off your registration. So you shouldn't really be stopped again if they were satisfied with your version of events. If they do you'll have to go to the station to get it taken off and get written confirmation. Hope that helps
This is correct but if you want to be sure do as DRUK suggests and give them a call or a visit. On having my stolen Discovery recovered the police forgot to remove the stolen marker.

I was stopped with blue lights.

Why would you even worry, it's hardly like they will pull you over then carry you off in the back of their vehicle?

I used to do thousands of miles a year and call at commercial & domestic premises all over the country.
Would never be concerned about the police following me and pulling me over for a spot check, you have the vehicle and data checked and then go about your business.
I'm sure most of your customers will have been pulled at some point for a spot check too.

Now my question is, does this stay on the police system for a certain amount of time or is it wiped once I was pulled over and had the conversation with the police officer?

No, the report will stay on the police system......

The allegation made by the other driver has been recorded and a computerised report generated. Now you have been stopped, the report will have been updated by the officers you dealt with.

The next stage is either:-

A. the investigating officer assigned to 'the case' (or allegation) continues the investigation and someone contacts you for an interview (or perhaps an Mg11 statement if B is likely)

B. the investigating officer categorises the allegation as, for example, No Further Action, and the matter is filed away for at least seven years.

The only way to know for sure is either to be patient or to contact the police station for the area the incident occurred.

No, the report will stay on the police system......

The allegation made by the other driver has been recorded and a computerised report generated. Now you have been stopped, the report will have been updated by the officers you dealt with.

The next stage is either:-

A. the investigating officer assigned to 'the case' (or allegation) continues the investigation and someone contacts you for an interview (or perhaps an Mg11 statement if B is likely)

B. the investigating officer categorises the allegation as, for example, No Further Action, and the matter is filed away for at least seven years.

The only way to know for sure is either to be patient or to contact the police station for the area the incident occurred.

There was no investigation, the driver who I had the problem with didn't report me for arguing with him. He reported me for 'criminal activity' & when I was stopped the van was searched. Obviously for drugs, stolen goods etc.

Anyway rang Durham headquarters this evening & there said there couldn't tell me. I've had to email my details to a disclosure team

Depends, road rage that ends with violent behaviour is a criminal offence. Raising your voice at someone isn't road rage and not a criminal activity. Most of the country would be under investigation if this was the case...

Anyone, no marker on the vehicle. It's been checked

Raising your voice is now threatening behaviour?
What dream world do you actually live in

I still don't get why the van got pulled over....

The other driver reported the matter to the police. They have the VRM. They can visit the keeper at his/her home on same evening. They can search the vehicle there. But why stop the car the day after the event? What did they expect to find - the alleged 'drugs' from the day before? Very odd.

Incidentally, if the other driver falsely reported you for 'criminal activity' (other than road rage), then he/she could be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice and/or wasting police time.

There was no investigation, the driver who I had the problem with didn't report me for arguing with him. He reported me for 'criminal activity' & when I was stopped the van was searched. Obviously for drugs, stolen goods etc.

Anyway rang Durham headquarters this evening & there said there couldn't tell me. I've had to email my details to a disclosure team

How do you know it was the person from the road rage incident who reported that your van was linked to criminal activity?

Raising your voice is now threatening behaviour?
What dream world do you actually live in

Sure is if the other person perceived it as threatening or intimidating. Perception as they say is reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom