Ant traps ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Yep, you read it right. An ant trap.

I've got a little problem at my front door with ants.

What I am hoping to source is an ant trap that will lure the little blighters into it so they don't return - something attractive to them that I can leave (buried if necessary) at my front door.

I'n not willing to chain an anteater to the post holding up the canopy :D

What I am hoping to source is an ant trap that will lure the little blighters into it so they don't return - something attractive to them that I can leave (buried if necessary) at my front door.

You want to get antstop. Homebase etc sell them in packs of two.
Leave them down for a day or two and it wipes them out .
Used them a few times now and worked every time.

Murderer

I can never get rid of them regardless of what I use.

If you can find the nest entrance then good old boiling water is a good. Cockroach killer uses the same active ingredient at a higher strength as any killer powder/spray.

S

Just remember !! They know where you live...

Last edited:
Ants are hard to get rid of permanently. Suggest you intercept the trails between the nest and the food source/s with a liquid ant killer and lay a line down 12" long or several short ones, and watch them feed.

This will work for a few days only then you must shift the bait, they are clever.

You may also try to isolate the nest from the food using good quality barrier sprays, this makes them change route significantly were you will of course be waiting with more food in the form of liquid ant killer.

The cat and mouse game will be played all summer, it is not till the winter that you will know for sure if you have nailed them. It is a game, be prepared to play it and don't give up, sometimes it takes two seasons. They love trees in the garden for food!

If the neighbours are harbouring them, (you will soon notice when you track them) get an exterminator in or help them the same way I am helping you. If they won’t co-operate, you will need to put a full encirclement of barrier spray down around your house and monitor it daily during summer.

You will win eventually but not in week or two.

I once accidentally spilt a bucket of old antifreeze on the drive just where an ants nest was under the paving.

Didn't seem to see any more ants for a few years.

Jeyes fluid works well , but isn't the most environmentally friendly stuff

You could try a neutron bomb, but I suggest you go away for a long holiday.

They might end up as a monster mutant ant race by the time you return, but at least you won't be bothered by your neighbours much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom