Anti-corrosion treatment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Ive recently done this to my 123 and my SL... Its better to do iy yourself if you can...
I very much doubt that a lot of these companies would bother to take off guards, trims etc to get at all the difficult places..
Its not a very nice job though, i was covered in black goo for ages, just would not come off...

jaymanek said:
Ive recently done this to my 123 and my SL... Its better to do iy yourself if you can...
I very much doubt that a lot of these companies would bother to take off guards, trims etc to get at all the difficult places..
Its not a very nice job though, i was covered in black goo for ages, just would not come off...

To be fair I think you will find Before and After to be very thorough. This guy is actually interested in doing the job.

Anybody seen examples of the man's work up close and personal though?

May I refer you to this web-page:
http://www.muddy-tyres.net/chassis.asp

Blooke seems pretty careless if you ask me?

The coating isn't as incredible as the blurb would make you think either - ask for one of his test-pieces, place it somewhere where it'll get road-spray/chips and drive down any backroad. If an air-rifle chips the coating then so will the (much harder and pointier) stones the wheels kick up.

As to what the bloke in question is like - if you've got several days to waste try here:
http://www.orrp.com/smf/index.php?topic=9272.0
The 'history' to it is that exactly the same thing happened on two previous forums, only this time Chris has found a forum owner who doesn't give a stuff about threats or bullying.

There's better ways of getting your car rustproofed, and there are many people I can think of whom I'd rather hand my hard-earned over to...

Surely these schemes have been going for years, most companies used to insist on a 12 monthly check-up, but they usually went to the wall?

John

glojo said:
Surely these schemes have been going for years, most companies used to insist on a 12 monthly check-up, but they usually went to the wall?

John

Ah well with the recent crop of MBs being sold maybe it's time for them to set up again.

Dieselman said:
Ah well with the recent crop of MBs being sold maybe it's time for them to set up again.

:D Here's hoping that does not apply to the one's now being sold!

John

No doubt that Waxoyl & similar helps and "professional" application should give the best results because they (should) put vehicle on a lift and so better clean off the grot and apply the fluids. Also saves you ending up looking like you have just had a shower of liquid wax.

However, you can get good results with just a domestic pressure washer and the DIY Waxoyl kit that comes complete with pressure spraying kit. If you are not doing this in the middle of summer follow the instructions and warm the stuff up first or thin it with white spirit.

Pic. is of rear end of 1 year old Land Cruiser. Pretty filthy before I cleaned it up with a domestic Karcher & when dry removed any major residual grot with a stiff nylon brush. Took this two days after an episode of only 5 minutes with the Waxoyl spray. Had to break off so job is still incomplete but you can see how pretty the fresh (clear) Waxoyl makes it look, so do not be fooled by before and after pictures.

It is possible to do it yourself at modest cost and get a better result than some of the efforts I have seen from some places.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom