anti damp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gototravel

Car
viano
The unit under kitchen sink is very damp as the water leaks when doing washing, etc. I am thinking to put some anti damp stuff, like those paper bags with crystals or something inside. Anybody knows what they are and where I can get some?

Thanks

Neo

Re-caulk the sink if there's a leak, or fix whatever pipe is leaking would be the first objective

If there's damp damage to the wall don't waste your money on damp coating just gloss over it with any oil-based paint

... But fix the root of the problem! You wouldn't keep buying nappies due to a weak bladder, you'd get it sorted at the docs :thumb:

If you don't fix the leak a bit of damp will be the least of your problems, particularly if the floor/sub floor is wooden.

Google wet rot and worry
Google dry rot and have sleepless nights :crazy:.

It is not pipe leak, but the gap between the sink and kitchen board. I re-fill the edge with some clear kitchen sealant and solve the leak. But, inside the unit, it is still very damp. that is why I am looking for something to absorb those moist inside.

It's called silica gel. Some is reusable, you oven bake the moisture out of it.

If the leak is fixed, can't you open the cupboard door and leave a fan heater blowing into it for a few hours? Far faster than waiting several days for a delivery to arrive, then several more for silica gel to slowly suck up the moisture.

Cat litter works the same as silica gel, recommend you use new stuff though as used tends to stink !!!! :D

It is not pipe leak, but the gap between the sink and kitchen board. I re-fill the edge with some clear kitchen sealant and solve the leak. But, inside the unit, it is still very damp. that is why I am looking for something to absorb those moist inside.

Hair dryer? Then cat litter plus silica gel sachets?

I just used 6 bags of these to dry out my CLK after the leak was fixed. On Ebay under "dessicant", about£2 each., Worked great in about a week, changing 3 bags at a time, dry them out on the radiator.

dehumidifier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom