Anti-dazzle rear view mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MØPNC

Car
C-Class & B-Class
I've got a 2011 C Class w204

It has a manual anti-dazzle rear view mirror installed,

what I want to know is can I just install an automatic anti-dazzle rear view mirror?

Will it just plug into the existing wiring loom?

I've compared pictures of the manual one and the automatic one and they look like they have the same wires & the same plugs on the end.

but whether it will just plug and play is a different matter?

Any help is appreciated..

I'm 99.9 it's plug and play

My w219 is plug and play, so I don't see why yours would be any different

All the anti dazzle stuff is built into the back of the glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark,

I'm going to buy one, they're about £40 off eBay used, so not a great deal of money to lose if it doesn't work,

I'm sure it will work like you say....

It'll be controlled by the OCP. Check to see if there is a spare socket in the OCP of the correct type to accept the plug from the autodim RVM.

You might need to get a separate lead for it - I had to, when I retrofitted electrochromic RVM to my C169. It was only £8 from MB, and as above - there was a socket in OCP to plug it into. One of the simplest mods ever.

No coding required in STAR?

Not on the W219 , just plug and play.

BUT , i am sure that i read somewhere that if the car has the dimming RVM coding added to the cars software then it automatically "un-dims" when reverse is selected. :dk:

Kenny

Got one off eBay cost £36 including P&P. :D

Took the old one out, had to check YouTube out, couldn't work out how to remove the old one :wallbash:, video on there on how to do it. easy when you know how.

The old one had two wires on it, the new one had two wires on it, simply plugged it in and it works, not bad for £36.

However I haven't checked whether it auto dims when you put it in reverse will check that tomorrow and let you know,

It took me a while to work out how to check it was working. There is a sensor at the front in the glass that detects headlight beams, pointed a torch at it, It did not auto dim, o no :dk:.

Scratch my head for a bit & thought it surely needs to know if it's day or night, found a ambient light sensor on the back facing the windscreen, covered this up emulate night & point the torch into the glass,

hey presto it works, very happy :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom