Anti Fraud Tech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
I just called my bank and before "going through the security questions" I was told that they had already authenticated my voice and what could they do for me? I was dumbstruck but also a little impressed. I did ask what if I had a cold or a sore throat either of which they claim to be able to cope with.
Well!
I imagine the insurance companies will start using this tech by looking at voice stress patterns to decide if we are all telling porky pies!
You have been warned!

My first question to you and any others who have had this done to them...is since you were unaware of the "voice authenitication proceedure", is when and where and how many times did they record your voice to have the comparisions made????? And when and where did they get your permission to do this since it sounds like you were surprised at this being done????
I had a similar situation with our bank here in the states where they were using the eye retina scan to identify you at atms, but the machine did advise you and had you agree to it once, before the scan could proceeded, (which I thought it was great, but then they did away with that) and now it is back to the old type in the pin code at atm's......

"Calls may be recorded for training and security purposes"

I'd heard on the news the other day they were starting to or were using this now.

Very impressive and must save a lot of wasted time.

My first question to you and any others who have had this done to them...is since you were unaware of the "voice authenitication proceedure", is when and where and how many times did they record your voice to have the comparisions made????? And when and where did they get your permission to do this since it sounds like you were surprised at this being done????
I had a similar situation with our bank here in the states where they were using the eye retina scan to identify you at atms, but the machine did advise you and had you agree to it once, before the scan could proceeded, (which I thought it was great, but then they did away with that) and now it is back to the old type in the pin code at atm's......

The permission aspect did cross my mind but I am really not that fussed. Now if all those codes and personal questions are done away with, it all boils down to faking a voice. And not only that, my money is on it being able to detect whether or not you are stressed or uncertain. I further speculate that if it detected this, then further questions cwould be asked enabling a greater degree of confirmation. The implications for fraud are enormous, and, short of a functioning robot capable of passing the Turing test and speaking in your voice, it seems pretty much foolproof.

There are a number of voice pattern stress / recognition systems on the market that are available to insurers and banks.

Varying companies use tem, mainly for identifying when people are telling the truth in reporting incidents.

For obvious reasons I can't / won't go in to too much detail, but the technology has been around and used successfully in common use for at least 5 years. It's not perfect, but is effective.

Permission is not needed for voice recognition or voice analysis over telephone, covered by 2003 Communications act which superseded the Telecommunications act

It would never work with my missus, the input detector would get overloaded :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom