Anti roll bar warn under new bushes and knocking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lipsylee

Car
C32 AMG GONE :( -NOW CLK320
Hello ,
My anti roll / sway bar is knocking after putting new rubbers on .
I have noticed that they metal bit under the bushes had worn , I added a bit of tape inside the bushes to make it a big tighter fit and it was ok for 2 weeks but now knocking again .
Any ideas on what I can do without buying a new complete bar ???
Thanks lee.

You could fabricate a shim, or glue it with some really strong glue,but as I'm sure you know the proper fix is to replace it.

martyz said:
You could fabricate a shim, or glue it with some really strong glue,but as I'm sure you know the proper fix is to replace it.

Haha I , good idea I will probably just get a new one from mercs ,
I just thought I might of been able to get some bigger bushes maybe , if you know what I mean which would of been a lot cheaper .
Thanks lee

Had same problem on a clk 55. Tried loads of stuff to cure it. Only real cure that permantley sorted it was to replace the bar.

Had same problem on a clk 55. Tried loads of stuff to cure it. Only real cure that permantley sorted it was to replace the bar.

Yes andy looks like that's the option , £125 for the modded one with bushes all ready attached and sleeves .
There must be a design fault originally .

Yes andy looks like that's the option , £125 for the modded one with bushes all ready attached and sleeves .
There must be a design fault originally .

Alright Lee,hope all is well...which roll bars are you getting mate??

dredd32 said:
Alright Lee,hope all is well...which roll bars are you getting mate??

I'm good mr dredd thanks you ?
Just the mercedes one as cant really afford any other ones at present lol

I'm good mate...Was going to suggest h and r bars but they're a bit pricey...

dredd32 said:
I'm good mate...Was going to suggest h and r bars but they're a bit pricey...

Yep I know I see them bit out of my range at the moment
Just got 10% off at mercs for being a trader so can get the new bit for £112 all in but have to wait as it needs to come from Germany :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom