Anti-theft Safety and Security tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
Where there are hard working people, there will be those who don't want to work for their money.

The incident occurred just days after two gunmen on motorbikes attempted to force Carroll to stop his £100,000 Mercedes G-Wagon.

The terrified star sped off leading to a high-speed chase before he reached his club’s training ground and raised the alarm.

So, he was in a G-Wagon and fled to his training ground. Why didn't he use his vehicle as a weapon and take the two menaces out? After all, they were the aggressors armed with weapons and he would have been within his rights to protect himself.

Where there are hard working people, there will be those who don't want to work for their money.

So, he was in a G-Wagon and fled to his training ground. Why didn't he use his vehicle as a weapon and take the two menaces out? After all, they were the aggressors armed with weapons and he would have been within his rights to protect himself.

With a vehicle?

Just read this - Luxury cars drivers targeted in nationwide epidemic | UK | News | Daily Express

Worrying times. Even an ordinary A class hijacked. And a lot of us here have, or are getting, more expensive, desirable cars.

Any tips or wisdom, common-sense or obscure, to share?

There are anti hijack/anti theft devices available.

For example if a car door is opened then it starts a counter. The hijacker gets in and speeds off. Around 2 minutes later the car peters out as the fuel pump is cut off slowly. This crucially gets the thief far enough away from the owner to not be able to run back. The legitimate owner of the car of course knows where the secret switch is or what the button sequence in the car is to disable the anti theft/hijack system.

We offer forum members discounts on these products.

Anyone interested, lookup the Autowatch ghost product or see the video of it in action at www.facebook.com/uniquecarsound

With a vehicle?

The biggest threat to any biker is a car. After years of riding bikes, nearly all the accidents or incidents I have had have been because of a car driver NOT paying attention. Remember the 'Think BIKE!' campaign?

So, when I said to use his G-Wagon, he could have easily taken out a biker or two. It's not hard. Thousands of bikers each year end up in hospital at the hands of car drivers who probably aren't as athletic or dynamic as Carroll.

The biggest threat to any biker is a car. After years of riding bikes, nearly all the accidents or incidents I have had have been because of a car driver NOT paying attention. Remember the 'Think BIKE!' campaign?

So, when I said to use his G-Wagon, he could have easily taken out a biker or two. It's not hard. Thousands of bikers each year end up in hospital at the hands of car drivers who probably aren't as athletic or dynamic as Carroll.

While I agree that a car could cause untold damage to a biker I'm not sure that deliberately doing so could be seen as 'within his rights' as you seem to think.

It seems to me that the footballer in question did the right thing, why commit attempted murder for a car which he could probably afford to replace on a weekly basis?

The old weding trick .Bunch of tins, on a string , fix under the car .That wll give you time to get out there with what ever you need to stop them ... .I have a voltage sensor alarm .Only a cheapy from Maplins.Its had me a few times when i go out to do something .Just the turn of a key to open a door it goes off . And any movement of the car will start the alarm. Thats just a back up to the normal alarm thats fitted ..

What is it with South Africa and fire? 14,000v eh and sprays burning has to both sides of the car simultaneously. And the narrator says it's legal! I hope it doesn't get activated when a mugger tries it on from the road, alongside a busy pavement.

While I agree that a car could cause untold damage to a biker I'm not sure that deliberately doing so could be seen as 'within his rights' as you seem to think.

He is 'within his rights' to use his vehicle to protect himself if his life is being put at risk. If an assailant pulled up next to me with a sawn-off shotgun and threatened to blow me away, I would be within my rights to swerve in to him, running him off the road, if it meant I was protecting myself.

The car is an extension of the driver, so if you were being attacked while driving, you could easily use the vehicle to protect yourself or to retaliate.

It's a matter of perspective. When faced with a life or death situation, the legal option is not always the rational option.

Caroll decided to leg it to the stadium, but would we have thought less of him if he decided to swerve and unmount those rascals wielding weapons at him?

Hmm..... that South African device can't be good for the paintwork....

He is 'within his rights' to use his vehicle to protect himself if his life is being put at risk.

The car is an extension of the driver

Let's hope that this is just rhetoric.

Let's hope that this is just rhetoric.

Of course it is rhetoric.

I once read of a story where some attackers targetted an Asian family, holding knives to the throats of the women and demanding that the men pay them off. Anyway, the attackers were forced to leg it and one of the Asian men chased down one of the attackers and beat the guy to a pulp.

Anyway, the case went to court and the Asian man was charged with actual bodily harm because it was deemed that the force he used was excessive. The law doesn't take in to account human emotion, and the fact that the Asian man had just witnessed someone holding a knife to his wife's throat.

There are differences between what is legally right, what is morally right, and what is just right. If someone threatened a family member, how would any of us respond? How can we say how we'd react. Would we kill to protect a family member? I definitely would if it meant protecting my family against an assailant, and I would face the legal system with my head held high, even if I had to serve a custodial sentence.

Caroll had two choices when faced with assailants. He could either run or retaliate. He chose to run, but someone else may have decided to retaliate. Who would blame them for using their vehicle to run the armed bikers off the road.

In a moment of need, we often take actions that cannot be pre-empted.

... The law doesn't take in to account human emotion, and the fact that the Asian man had just witnessed someone holding a knife to his wife's throat....

I think you will find that it does, although only as mitigating circumstances.

I think you will find that it does, although only as mitigating circumstances.

When I was in my early 20's, I was witness to a very bad accident that claimed the life of one person, and had devasting health effects for another person.

A courting couple had just pulled out of a viewpoint at the top of Portsdown Hill, when their car was hit by a motorist speeding in excess of 100mph, and had well over 8 times the legal amount of alcohol.

The guy, who was an avid rugby player, was returning from the pub with several mates in his sports car.

Anyway, he was charged with drink driving and speeding, at held on remand.

At his court case, he had character witnesses that were all well to do. His family was wealthy, and had instructed the best solicitor firm in the area to represent him in court. Needless to say, his time on remand was taken in to account and he was released, as he had suffered enough according to his barrister.

I look back on this case and remember that though one person died, and another had serious health implications, the whole case centred around how the driver who had caused the accident felt. Friends and family rallied to his cause.

To me, the Justice System seems to prioritise the feelings of the offenders over that of the victims. We often hear of how these people were disadvantaged as children, or never stood a chance of a decent upbringing, but as adults we all know right from wrong, so this should not affect the sentencing decision.

How many people have felt let down by the Justice System? How many Police Officers, after spending many months compiling a case, feel that their efforts have been wasted because a Judge is lenient?

We live in a throw away society, and that includes our own lives. No one cares for us except ourselves.

I'm sorry if this offends some, but this is how I perceive our modern society. Help is not there when we need it. The Police have become ineffectual. An element of society is booming because of a lack of discipline.

Crime will always be with us, but when the sysem for detering crime becomes useless, more and more people will use crime to bolster their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom