Votes: 3 1.5%
  • KASPERSKY

Votes: 19 9.8%
  • BITDEFENDER

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

columb

Car
W212
As we have same discussion every so often, I though it would be a good idea to do poll with one simple question:

Which antivirus software would you recommend?

Hopefully, mods will be able to stick this thread if we will have enough answers.

Cheers
Chris

I use norton on my main laptop as it has the memory and speed to cope, on my other lower spec machines i just use AVG8, it is really quite good and recomened by many IT engineers.

Shame i couldnt vote twice

I use Network Box. One stop solution to Spam, Phishing, malware, Virus etc etc...... Its very very good....

My colleague(who has worked in IT for 35 years) swears by Avira(http://www.free-av.com/). We use it to pick up what McAfee misses.

I use AVG as I have done so in the past, I think its okay but so does everyone think the same over the programme they use.

I use AVG as I have done so in the past, I think its okay but so does everyone think the same over the programme they use.

pretty much till you come across a virus that was missed. Recently ive binned notron endpoint after it missed a 2006 trojan :(

Moved to Sophos.

pretty much till you come across a virus that was missed. Recently ive binned notron endpoint after it missed a 2006 trojan :(

Moved to Sophos.

I am probably riddled with viruses, but its okay, this PC is on its last legs anyway. being mean, I use the work PC whenever I can ;)

I am probably riddled with viruses, but its okay, this PC is on its last legs anyway. being mean, I use the work PC whenever I can ;)

i run a virtual PC for web browsing now and just reset the Snapshot every few days. Mitigates the risk somewhat. :)

I've used CA anti virus software for more years than I care to remember. It has safe guarded our computers through our son's school and university years (who knows what he downloads) and touching my woioden head as I type, we have never been infected witha virus. It might not be the best, it might not be the worse, but speak as you find,m it has served me well. I thought it was called E-trust :eek: :eek: but when I clicked on the icon it came up with CA.

Does this software have a good reputation?

When I first used it I can remember for a couple of years it was free, but that has not been the case for several years but I am perfectly happy buying the product as it has been so reliable.

Regards
John

Thank you everyone for voting!
As we can see so far:

- AVG is number one, 30.12% of Forum Members would recommend it.
- AVAST, number two, recommended by 15.66% of Members
- NORTON will take 3rd place with 10.84% recommendations.

It is worth mentioning that AVG and AVAST are free for home user.

AVG download link: http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

AVAST download link: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

I hope that this pool will be some kind of indication which product to chose.

Kind Regards
Chris

Does this software have a good reputation?

When I first used it I can remember for a couple of years it was free, but that has not been the case for several years but I am perfectly happy buying the product as it has been so reliable.

John,

In my honest opinion it's overpriced. Not bad, but I would put it slightly higher ten Norton.

Well, why pay for something if you could get same product for free?

Cheers
Chris

AVG - For me now :p

i use avg (free version) really is quite good....much better tha9 the mcafee stuff i used before...which i paid for!!

Sophos is pretty good really. As for Kaspersky DO NOT touch it.

I think you may find that those that are "in the industry or business" use Sophos.

?????

Not seen Sophos in use anywhere of late and we have some seriously large very security orientated businesses as clients.

i use avg (free version) really is quite good....much better tha9 the mcafee stuff i used before...which i paid for!!

AVG for me aswell. Used it for a few years and never really had any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom