Any 320 cdi remap reports?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
Anyone had there 320 cdi OM 642 engine re mapped?

Thinking of getting Angel to do my new 120 vito to get the turbo lag sorted.

Angel did my clk cdi 320, 2005. Money well spent imo, mpg improved 1 or 2 mpg and the response is better all round. Infact i reckon the kick down slows the car down now the torgue has increased, just need the gearbox reprogrammed now.......

Transformation

Hi, my first post.
had my '06 CLK 320 CDI remapped by Torquing BHP of Cambridge.
Dramatic improvement. Engine quieter, terrific mid-range shove and 4 more miles to the gallon.
Money well spent.
Patrick

Thanks guys keep them coming.

I had my 2003 6 in line E320cdi remapped about a year ago, estimated torque increase was from 500nm(370 ft lb) to 570nm(420 ft lb) +14% and power increase from estimated from 204bhp to 244bhp (+19%). Seems like I am just within advised max torque figures.
Increased figures are still estimated because their rolling road was broken on the day and I intended to return, never have because the increased torque and power are very obvious. It can be quite hairy on a damp surface changing direction say overtaking, and the ASR seems slower to react. Tail out very easy to do. There is also an increase in induction noise, that I quite like, all in all a really good upgrade for less than £400, but suspect my rear tyres will not last as long!

Fuel economy improved by 3/4 mpg as well.

No problem with Insurance, a modest increase.

However, am now trading the car in and not comfortable leaving the remap on for next owner. If the dealer 'loses' my supporting service documents (the car will be auctioned) the next owner could have insurance problems in the event of an accident and investigation; so having it put back to standard.
I'm moving on to a V6 642920 engine and probably won't bother with a remap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom