Any 911 owners ? Is this value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That seems like a cheap buy. He only wants £3k to buy now. Can't get any 911's for that sort of price unless they're battered. £3k is usually good 924 or tatty to good 944 territory. Would need to test drive and inspect first though just in case any major work needs doing that could exceed the purchase price.

Any thoughts OGiii (911 owner)?

Seems cheap (holds chin and narrows eyes , Sherlock Holmes stylee) maybe a little too cheap for a car in such good condition, if you win it i would make sure you have it inspected and pay cash when you pick it up, no money transfer tomfoolery here ....... why put it on a 1 day listing though ?

I see that 'The 911 air-cooled flat six is renowned as being Bullitt proof ....'

Wow , even Steve Mcqueen couldn't break it !! :rolleyes:

Agree with the other comments here, I would expect to see this car around 5-8K so an AA inspection would be a must. Porsche spares costs can make Merc spares look like good value.
To give you some idea.....Parts

Last edited:
I've just checked Autotrader and the cheapest Porche 911 is £6495 (79 V)

The dont use ask seller a question option and pre approved bidders only would be enough to make me walk away, it has all the hallmarks of a hijacked account.
Tread very warily.

Last edited:
I reckon that's another Hi-jacked account. Porsche 911s that are worth buying are £10K, period.

They break for spares if they are much less than £10K, or are absolutely knackered trailer-away type dogs for £5K.

There's no way that car is legit for £3K, must admit it's more discreet than the £20K SL55s though etc ;)

Will

definitely sounds too good to be true for a right hooker at that age and condition. If you do buy then I'd insist on inspection first then payment in cash and full written receipt and details.

I think you are all right - it does seem too good to be true and in which case walk away - especially where e-bay is concerned.

Thanks everyone.

Just not worth the risk.

Damn, damn, damn....................

Item removed by ebay I see.................didn't last long....

Proves you were all right !

Well done everybody!

About the link on price of parts for a 911 kindly provided by lotusmark 2, am I missing something? I thought that many of the parts were reasonably priced!

The listing had gone by the time I saw this thread :mad:

I haven't used porscheshop but I haven't found parts/service to be particularly expensive.

I use a quality indy and to give you an example of some prices I've paid based on a 996;

Supply and Fit front and rear disks and pads £590
S&F Starter motor £300
Full Service (24,000 mile) £320

The place I use Marc are Hartech www.hartech.org.uk, they have some good info on their site including a buyers guide.

If you buy the right one an old 911 would be great as a 3rd car but could be a bit costly if things constantly go wrong. I thought about buying a Caterham as a play thing before I decided to get a plaything as my main drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom