Any advice appreciated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Belfast Exile

Car
None Yet
Hi All,

I am thinking of upgrading my rather knackered old Astra and am going to look at a 2002 C220 CDI Classic Automatic with 110,000 on the clock, FSH.

Basically I know very little about these cars and was hoping you guys would be able to tell me what to look for, I know the car has had some repairs to the rear wheel arches due to rust but the seller reckons other than that it is in perfect condition, he is looking £1850 for it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lee

This would be a W203 (1999-2007), they are very good but the pre 2003 model cars were not galvanised and therefore prone to rusting.

If you can check all the usual places - wheel arches, door sills, underside etc for rust and reassure yourself that the rear wheel arch rust was a one-off (and that it has been properly repaired) then you should be fine.

The 220 CDI is a much sought after model, and 110k miles is fine, but check for service history.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I will have a good look around the bodywork, for less than 2 grand I am fairly realistic bit don't want to buy a dog!!

Cheers Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom