Any advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frankw88

Car
W212 e350
Hi all

New to the forum

I have a Mercedes w212 e class e350

It’s done 47000 miles full service history also had the gearbox oil done

Currently doing 700 miles a week and was wondering if there’s any preventative maintenance to look out for or any think that’s a good idea to do? These a good solid engine?? It’s mated with the 9g gearbox aswell

Thanks for any advice

Welcome aboard, with that mileage depending when you service is due you will have one or two services and then the next service will be the auto box at around 77,000 ,as long as you keep to the service intervals and use a indy you can trust to do a complete job you should have no problems

Thanks for the reply
What mileage would u change the oil at every 10,000?
Also how do u update the sat nav maps?
Thanks again

Thanks for the reply
What mileage would u change the oil at every 10,000?
Also how do u update the sat nav maps?
Thanks again
Your Mercedes will be requiring a service every 15500 miles or 12 monthly whichever is the soonest. You'll get a message in the cluster prior to it being due.
Doing 700 miles a week you are going to be needing a service approximately every 6 months which will cover your oil changes.

Depending on the year of manufacture, you will most likely have Comand NTG 4.5 or 4.7, The map can be updated at your main dealer (V19 is the latest). If you can wait until the next service, then ask for the update to be done it may well cost less due to the service bay not being tied up during the update. I had mine done (NTG4.5) and it cost £99.

Any service is preventative maintenance tbf, stick to the schedule and you will be fine. Keep on top of other items as they pop up and have at least a reputable merc indy at hand for non service items, If you need mobilo then MB for services.

Happy motoring.

Ok so I’m just gonna stick to the intervals then
Not do an oil change every 10,000 miles or so?
Thanks peeps

Ok so I’m just gonna stick to the intervals then
Not do an oil change every 10,000 miles or so?
Thanks peeps
Yes. 700 miles a week and you'll see a message roughly every 4.5/5 months for an oil change (700 x22 weeks = 15.4k miles)

I would do an oil change every 8k max. Buy an electric oil pump £10 at Lidl and suck it out of dipstick. Oil is £40 from MB Newcastle on their eBay store. Loads of vids on YouTube on how to do it. Best thing you can do for your car.
Only issue on the E350 was the oil cooler seals leak but as yours seems a newer model if it's got the 9speed it may have the upgraded seals fitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom