Any AMG GT C Roadster owners here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
Thinking of getting one and looking for some advice :):)

That’s outrageously good value. Truly outrageous value. The kind of value which makes your tummy turn if you already have one 😳 so thank you for making me aware of it!! It’s a nearly new car, so it should be in superb condition with no faults and plenty of warranty remaining. So all it should come down to is whether you like it or not. They’re a real experience to drive, and Obsidian Black with black hood is a great combination. You need to see it in the metal.

I’ve only ever dealt with Saxton 4x4 once. I was looking for a CL65 AMG for a special road trip, they assured me that theirs was immaculate. After a 4+ hour journey nobody was there was no one available to see me, and the car was seriously stone chipped like nothing I’ve ever seen, and the interior was torn in several places. Needless to say I cancelled the reservation and left without it. I only stumbled across some photos today. Probably a one off.

if there’s anything specific you would like to know, then just shout.

That’s outrageously good value. Truly outrageous value. The kind of value which makes your tummy turn if you already have one 😳 so thank you for making me aware of it!! It’s a nearly new car, so it should be in superb condition with no faults and plenty of warranty remaining. So all it should come down to is whether you like it or not. They’re a real experience to drive, and Obsidian Black with black hood is a great combination. You need to see it in the metal.

I’ve only ever dealt with Saxton 4x4 once. I was looking for a CL65 AMG for a special road trip, they assured me that theirs was immaculate. After a 4+ hour journey nobody was there was no one available to see me, and the car was seriously stone chipped like nothing I’ve ever seen, and the interior was torn in several places. Needless to say I cancelled the reservation and left without it. I only stumbled across some photos today. Probably a one off.

if there’s anything specific you would like to know, then just shout.

thanks BD

appreciate your comments.

the colour is MAGNETITE BLACK - METALLIC FINISH (183U) not obsidian, but suspect v similar!

there is an anomaly with the service history, in that it hasn’t been serviced when it was due 9 months ago! Trying to see if this impacts the warranty. It doesn’t have performance seats and carbon bits, is this an issue?
what are servicing costs like?

I know Saxton have a bit of a reputation, but as the car is so new!

heres what it looks like!

Can you believe that a MB main dealer can’t tell me if it’s been serviced due to data protection! I have to prove I am the owner! I thought data protection was to protect the individual, I am not asking for personal data! Unbelievable.

if anyone has access to the MB system, the Reg is DK68RXF I think it originally came from Chester or Shrewsbury

Preston Mercedes came good. It’s never been serviced in the network and is overdue an A service by 9 months. They would have to give it a B service to bring it back into line, which may not void the warranty - but may make it v hard to move on! The B service is £1500+ and it is also outstanding a non safety recall! Maybe this isn't the one for me. Real shame as it such a great looking car at a v good price.

i May look at approved cars in the network and make a cheeky offer on one 😂

I always try and get the Oasis report, which gives you the full spec + all the delivery dates etc and costings.

A service contract would be worth while on the above car.

It’s not looking good for Saxton, unless they make me an offer which substantially compensates for a significant lapse in the service history of a very expensive ‘supercar’ , the deal is off!

It’s not looking good for Saxton, unless they make me an offer which substantially compensates for a significant lapse in the service history of a very expensive ‘supercar’ , the deal is off!
That’s already very very very competitively priced. I may have missed a “very”. The missed service is already reflected in the asking price so don’t expect too much off.

The first owner may have simply thought it not worthwhile servicing it given the very low mileage but on the other hand why would you skip a service on a £150k car.

If it’s not the right car, don’t compromise, there will be plenty more.

Can you believe that a MB main dealer can’t tell me if it’s been serviced due to data protection! I have to prove I am the owner! I thought data protection was to protect the individual, I am not asking for personal data! Unbelievable.

if anyone has access to the MB system, the Reg is DK68RXF I think it originally came from Chester or Shrewsbury
It’s to make sure they don’t accidentally break the rules in GDPR. It’s just not worth the risk of a substantial fine.

thanks BD

appreciate your comments.

the colour is MAGNETITE BLACK - METALLIC FINISH (183U) not obsidian, but suspect v similar!

there is an anomaly with the service history, in that it hasn’t been serviced when it was due 9 months ago! Trying to see if this impacts the warranty. It doesn’t have performance seats and carbon bits, is this an issue?
what are servicing costs like?

heres what it looks like!

Servicing isn’t really that much more than any other 4.0 AMG. Well not in theory anyway, but main dealers and unscrupulous independents often charge more for the same service/parts in new and/or more expensive cars. It’s even reflected in the slightly higher cost of the service plan. They just put the price up (for the service plan) in February and I’m kicking myself now. My dealer simply said expect it to cost the same as the rest!

The performance seats look absolutely fantastic, especially in exotic colours. However I found them less comfortable for me - I checked them out in person as I found the same with the tombstone style seats in the SLK 32 AMG and didn’t want to take the risk. Apparently that’s not unusual. For others it’s the other way round. No getting away from it though, the performance seats look better and will probably be better for resale. Best try both.

There’s a possibility I’ll run mine for a very, very long time, and do some serious miles in it, so comfort is much more important to me than looks or resale. If you’re likely to keep it for high days and holidays, and/or sell it in the not too distant future then the performance seats may be worth seeking out. When new the cost of performance seats was relatively little in the overall cost of the car, so when a car is specified with comfort seats it’s probably for a similar reason as me, comfort!

Carbon bits are a purely aesthetic thing really, as there’s no functional dimension so it depends whether you like it or not. The carbon interior does look lovely, and I do love carbon fibre things, but I wasn’t sure what I thought based on the brochure photos so I found a car with it and looked at it in person. It was really lovely but I decided it was’t for me. I could absolutely understand someone else specifying it though, as on a different day I might have made a different decision.

The external photos look like stock photos. If you look at the numberplate in the side-rear view photo you can cleary see that it's been photoshopped onto the car as it overshoots the recess.I reckon the number's been photoshopped onto all the pictures, I wonder why?

The external photos look like stock photos. If you look at the numberplate in the side-rear view photo you can cleary see that it's been photoshopped onto the car as it overshoots the recess.I reckon the number's been photoshopped onto all the pictures, I wonder why?
Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t see the photoshop pho-par.

It looks very glossy in the video in post #9.

Unless I’ve missed it, I don’t see the photoshop pho-par.

It looks very glossy in the video in post #9.
I've had another look at the photos , side/rear view still doesn't look right but it might be the light/shadows. If they have been photoshopped someones done a good job. Should have gone to specsavers.

I've dealt with Saxton 4x4. I part exchanged a 4x4 for a nearly new LHD 4x4. A very straightforward deal and they arranged all the VAT free export paperwork. They carry a very large stock and sell some seriously expensive cars. Presumably the GT C was taken in p/exchange?

I did try to buy another car from them without part exchange and found that they are very reluctant to negotiate. I imagine the work on high turnover and fairly tight margins.

Just to add, the photos look to me like genuine photos taken on their premises. They always use the turntable for their pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom