any ASDL engineers here on the forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
As heading any ASDL engineers here, was looking for some advise or tips over a particular issue I am suffering.

Absolutely no idea mate, but that's a great car you've got there, so it's not all bad :cool:.

Suggest you ask the question and you will be sure to get helpful advice

P.S. Great choice of car :rock:

Suggest you ask the question and you will be sure to get helpful advice

What is it about this forum?
You can ask any question & there is generally someone(s) whith useful advice:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Hey Ricky, I wouldnt claim to be an ADSL engineer, but write up your problem and let me see if I can help.
Kamal

Thanks for replies guys, yes Sav ADSL, sorry my mistake, situation was, resited some telephone points, 2 seperate lines, simple job, but once work was completed the complexed domestic computor moderms x2 both would not reboot and if thy did, very slow and would consistently drop out, had the provider check the lines, they said everything was in order, phones all worked, but these moderms would not come up to speed. Ask the provider for clues, they could see the system was slow, check this check that, and then said to leave it over night, it would probaly aline itself. Next morning prehaps a tiny bit better, but still painfully slow. So took the whole telephone install lot out and put it back as it was originally, again system was slowish but a little better, but again one moderm dropping out. Never had this problem before, but late last night client rings me, me thinking here we go, a right old moan up coming, client tells me one line is nearly double its usual speed, and the more troublesome line is slow but holding up, anyone tell me whats gone on there, 2 days all this took and a bucket full of stress.

My guess is either they fixed something at the exchange, or I believe the system 'sets' itself based on the line speed achieved. If there was a problem with the first 'move' it would be defaulting to 'slow'. As it settles in without the problem it could get faster..

If you haven't already check connections in sockets on faulty line and try swapping wires around . Are you using filters ? If so try changing them .

Hi Ricky,

Really need a diagram to fully understand the layout and the components you've used. One thing you can request that might be helpful is ask the ISP to reset the DSLAM on there end that is serving you as this will cause it to re-train for stability and speed. They don't like to do this so you might have to push them, and it sounds like they want the DLSAM to retrain itself (in the exchange) which doesn't appear to be working very well.

This is typical ISP response. If you want we can have a chat about this, just PM me your number and I can give you a call tonight or tomorrow.

Phones are not so sensitive so the fact they work means you got the wiring right :).

Kamal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom