Any aston martin fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Astons are beautiful cars, remember feeling emotional when I watched both of these, what other Brand does that to you???....
https://youtu.be/5Q0Svvdrx_E
https://youtu.be/AbSLDdxYYIE

As Gunning has already selected the DBS is a solid favourite, a well sorted DB.

Thumbs up to your dad and the Rapid!! [emoji106]

I love the DBS which I'm hoping to be in in 3 years. Well I pulled fuse 3 under the bonnet as the handbook only states a fuse box passengers side boot & bonnet. The f3 in the boot was for the heated rear screen. Made no difference. So I'm stumped.

Apparently it's not the fuse box in the boot but the one in the cabin behind the passenger seat, though behind a panel which is obscured by the passenger seat rail which will have to be removed first to access it.

I understand that it was put there by Aston to discourage people doing what you want to do with yours. :confused:

Just relaying information I've found on PH by the way.

I've had 3 Astons. The DBS I had, I had the dealer fit a internal exhaust switch should cost about £150

Beautiful indeed, but style over substance. I'd never have another aston

Me neither it ate AAA batteries and didn't like my lounge shag pile carpet!! [emoji104]

Was taking the dog for its midnight walk the other night and happened upon one of my neighbours stroking the bonnet of his DB7 in the dark. I let out a rather unnecessarily loud snigger ! Wouldn't have minded if it was a good one but its a tatty old SC one.

No doubting Aston Martin make a beautiful looking car. The DB9 and DBS were almost perfection in my eye.
I couldn't comment however on build quality, reliability and huge depreciation from new.

Not sure on 4 doors on an Aston but a cracking colour, wouldn't say no to a DBS.

Very good friend of mine had a manual 'box DBS cabriolet up until recently, not as fast as you'd maybe expect a V12 to be but, in much the same way that I'm attracted to Maserati; what a noise, what an experience, what drama.

Speed isn't everything where cars like this are concerned.

Yeah I raced and overtook a Maserati 3200 in my X5 one night, granted probably my eagerness vs his will to live but I was surprised I could live with him at full chat!!

Aston martins are very nice although i think the interior is in need of desperate upgrade on most models

Yeah I raced and overtook a Maserati 3200 in my X5 one night, granted probably my eagerness vs his will to live but I was surprised I could live with him at full chat!!

It doesn't count if he's on the hard shoulder.:fail

Having had a 3200gt when they first came out, i imagine his will to live played a huge part in him letting an x5 keep up ... The maser was a beautiful looking car, sounded the biz ... But it was the worst handling and scary car I've ever owned. Felt totally unstable at high speed with almost no feedback through the steering wheel. I got rid after just 8 months - shame . I think they improved with the 4.3 engine.

Granted my X5 was mapped to about 360bhp and 700nm, close to the Massers 370bhp but 200nm over its 500nm torque but the X5 was carrying a 500kg weight disadvantage..... (Not the driver! ;) )

Granted my X5 was mapped to about 268kW and 700nm, close to the Massers 370bhp but 200nm over its 500nm torque but the X5 was carrying a 500kg weight disadvantage..... (Not the driver! ;) )

Unified your units for you.
Or is 370hp and 516lb.ft better?

Granted my X5 was mapped to about 360bhp and 700nm, close to the Massers 370bhp but 200nm over its 500nm torque but the X5 was carrying a 500kg weight disadvantage..... (Not the driver! ;) )

And the aerodynamics of a house.

He was probly 50% throttle.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom