Any boat owners on board?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stats007

MB Enthusiast
Car
575M
The pun was inexcusable I know :eek:.

Any members with a stink boat? Am thinking about buying a cuddy or a RIB for use on the solent.

What is a stink boat?

We keep a 7.5m sports boat in Southampton Dry Stack - can't recommend that place highly enough. Ideal for sportsboats and RIBs, you just phone them before going out and your boat is on the water ready when you arrive.

Hi

We have a 32ft 6 berth cruiser, twin 130hp Volvo diesels oh and a little 9ft Honwave inflatable and 5hp outboard.

Hi

We have a 32ft 6 berth cruiser, twin 130hp Volvo diesels oh and a little 9ft Honwave inflatable and 5hp outboard.

I thought this was yours?

Stena_Disc2.jpg

:D

Hi

That's a bit out of my price range! Looking at max 26ft with a single petrol stern drive.

Stena_Disc2.jpg

I once changed the paper tape in the wind meter in that crane in the background.
But I don't have a boat - only the desire....

That's a bit out of my price range! Looking at max 26ft with a single petrol stern drive.

Our boat is no gin palace but we enjoy it. Sleeps all 7 of us in reasonable comfort.

DSC03502.jpg

And this is the boys toy.

DSC04722.jpg

Any questions about boating on the cheap(reasonably:eek:) just ask

Had a Zodiac Futura Mk2 with a Yamaha outboard for use in Cornwall - aluminium flooring and centrally mounted steering wheel/ throttle - very good boat and quite portable - used it for everything from towing one of those inflatable donuts to fishing or being a safety boat for when I was out sailing....

Part shares in a two Humber RIBs, a 6.5 m Destroyer with a 115 Suzuki on the back and a 6.5M Ocean Pro with a 150 Suzuki. Both happy to red line with 8 divers on board but far more fun when they are empty!

RIBs are a lot of fun - some friends have them so was considering this:

ribcraft585.jpg

The other half says this is more her thing which I can appreciate:

fourwinns215.jpg

Just wondered how suitable these cuddies are for use on the Solent given its a bit choppy...

What sort of insurance/berthing/fuel costs do you have?

I used to have one of these

imagegd_big_inside.php

Emptied my wallet almost faster than it emptied the fuel tank!

Some distant friends have got a RIB on the Solent. They are great for getting places quickly (like Cowes for lunch, or a secluded beach) but the ride gets bumpy if you go at speed on choppy water.

I was in the Round the Island Race last year and we came 250th out of 1500-odd boats - not bad for amateurs. But I wonder how quick a RIB could get round?

I'm more of a windsurfer myself, but they do lack the home comforts of some of the boats here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom