Any bought a new Number Plate with badges on it for European driving ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GB sticker is compulsory whether or not you have GB on the plate. Alcohol testing kits never became compulsory in France but knowing what the Gendarmes are like I always carry one.
DDFD8C2F-8B38-4159-87CB-88601B528714.jpg
you don’t need the GB sticker with the Union Flag , GB identifier on the plate

Not just Belgium. The Vauxhall Astramax (RIP) is well-known as being the fastest vehicle on the planet.
And that's a fact. I was simply combining the Astramax with the nation whose vehicles drive so close to your tail that you can read the warning notices printed on the sun visors.

(No disrespect to Italian drivers who are, of course, the most suicidal in Europe.)

And, for anyone doubting whether the Astramax overtakes a Lotus at 140mph. Here's Clarkson proving it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn’t bother with a GB badge last time, I do have a magnetic one but the back of my last few cars has no steel for sticking to so it now resides on the washing machine.
They all know that it’s a UK car anyway, what difference does it make?
I hear where you are coming from, you could see hundreds of UK cars coming off the ferry/Eurotunnel every hour, many of them without GB stickers or ' beam benders'. But in light of recent 'events' between the UK and the EU I simply would not chance giving a (French in particular) cop who got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning any ammunition he didn't already have .

I hear where you are coming from, you could see hundreds of UK cars coming off the ferry/Eurotunnel every hour, many of them without GB stickers or ' beam benders'. But in light of recent 'events' between the UK and the EU I simply would not chance giving a (French in particular) cop who got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning any ammunition he didn't already have .
I’ll be Ok if I explain that I was on the fence around the whole brexit thing though surely?

If I am not from Wales, can I still have the plates with the cute dragon?

I bought a great big box of genuine Mercedes-Benz magnetic GB plates but haven’t used them for years as a result of having Euro plates.

Maybe I’ll dig them out again, because I’m not keen on the aesthetics of having the Union Flag on my registration plate, it just looks wrong to me.

I didn’t bother with a GB badge last time, I do have a magnetic one but the back of my last few cars has no steel for sticking to so it now resides on the washing machine.
They all know that it’s a UK car anyway, what difference does it make?
I have GB plates all over the place including a radiator and a few on the fridge! I just now put one on the washer now 😀

Mandatory if you're INSIDE the Peripherique, or in larger cities like Lyon, Grenoble and Marseille.

But not if you're the typical tourist. And, as ever, the French Police don't hunt for them, any more than they look for the mandatory breathalyser and spare lightbulb set which "has" to be in every car.

Where you need to have a Crit'Air sticker in France

When pretty much every car nowadays runs none replaceable led units everywhere :D:D:D:D

Rather than sign up to “what f£&*ing number plate monthly” (it’s easy to overthink things ) , I’m going with plain flat aluminium (who knew that’s an option) to go in my new slide in number plate holders .
The alu plate should bend nicely in the front holder .
No badges or country identifier, I’ll just stick a GB sticker on the back , so in fact a total reversal of my start position:).
I got a rear aluminium plate without and badges etc. from Halfords (😲) last year for my motorbike trailer and it was the cheapest plate they did, about £11. I thought metal plates had long gone when acrylic took over years ago!

I got a rear aluminium plate without and badges etc. from Halfords (😲) last year for my motorbike trailer and it was the cheapest plate they did, about £11. I thought metal plates had long gone when acrylic took over years ago!
That’s interesting I didn’t know that Halfords did Alu plates

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom