Any boxing fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On a different note, there was a programme on BBC2 last night about the life and mysterious death of former world light heavy weight champion Freddie Mills who was found dead in his car in 1965.

Worth watching on iPlayer if you missed it.

Yes & it was fascinating...you could help notice the sense of fair play unlike some of the so say Boxing stars of today. Terrible shame & he came across as a lovely man, also (mad I know) but he reminded me of a larger Norman Wisom , eho was also a fair boxer in his time. I was really shocked about the author of that ,IMO, libelous book, what a waste of space he was.

Well Bivol did the business, hard to look good against Chilemba, he made Kovalev look bad.
Takiking of him he had a big loss against Alvarez , to me it looked like his timing was off but I think tha may have been down to a slick Alvarez on the night. Back to Bivol, There was no purpose to a lot of his movement, he can move in and out really well but thats about it. Not sure if it was the fact that Chilemba can slip really well but he has to work on his footwork, he is wasting a lot of timing & energy...still he hopefully will get a trainer to rectify this asap.Still he won over a seasoned fighter.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Tony Bellew next Saturday!

Oleksandr Usyk vs Tony Bellew next Saturday!
You can never be too sure with big boxers but I can’t see how Bellew can even lay a glove on Usyk who really is a P4P contender.

Bellew’s basically made millions out of beating up a knackered David Haye (and couldn’t even finish him in the first fight) and they’re* now making him out to be some sort of world beater!

*Eddie Hearn

Did not see the Freddie Mills programme on the BBC,so I am at a disadvantage here but Mills was very much down on his luck by the time of his death,Mills was at his height in the late 40's and 50's,he appeared in a couple of films,the best had to be Emergency Call even so he was at best a wooden actor,he made personal appearances and opened shops and guested on tv shows,but by the time he died he was in debt and things were falling apart for him,he also had mental issues,I will give this new programme a look on iplayer if I get time.

Easy work for Usyk. This is ending early.
Tony has massive respect for Usyk. Bellew sounded like a school girl with a crush when he said that he "called my name first" after winning the WBSS.

Easy work for Usyk. This is ending early.
Tony has massive respect for Usyk. Bellew sounded like a school girl with a crush when he said that he "called my name first" after winning the WBSS.

I think Bellew can take this quite far into the rounds but agree that Usyk will prevail and it will most likely be a stoppage but I’d go for a TKO around round 9/10.

In boxing, there are levels and then there are *Levels*.

Bellew did his best,no shame at all.But the biased commentary was pathetic, Froch, Smith & even Have all virtually ignoring Usyks work..unti u they had no choice...

:D
Bellew did his best,no shame at all.But the biased commentary was pathetic, Froch, Smith & even Have all virtually ignoring Usyks work..unti u they had no choice...
Wouldn’t have surprised me if Froch gave Bellew the 8th round!

I think Bellew can take this quite far into the rounds but agree that Usyk will prevail and it will most likely be a stoppage but I’d go for a TKO around round 9/10.

I wasn’t a million miles away. He looked good early on but was never likely to cause an upset. Looked like he ran out of steam by 5th round!

Yup...& ideas.

Early night tonight have to get up around 3:30-4am for Wilder/Fury, just hope Fury makes it worthwhile.
i think he should have had 2 more fights before Wilder...the guy can pop but very hap hazzard & all over the place technically. But 39 KO's out of 40 fights ..you gotta be careful.

What a robbery - Fury clearly won the fight, even with the knockdowns!

I was amazed how Fury managed to get up off the canvas in the 12th...then go on to press Wilder back & at one point even put both hands behind his back...all this after a nearly 3 yrs lay off.
One of the best fights this year IMO well worth it, can't wait for the re-match, hope they freeze Joshua out to teach big head Eddie a lesson...Both guys did really well

Hope he is not in the same vein as Bruno, they look like two bodybuilders, which is not good for mobility or stamina in the later rounds Will be interesting to see how Joshua can cope if dragged into later rounds while under severe attacks.
Three years later...It came to pass...

Joshua got absolutely embarrassed and shown up last night, and we’ve now got the likes of Eddie Hearn spinning probably the biggest upset in heavyweight boxing by saying “maybe it’s what he needed” :D

I said it after the Klitschko fight that AJ looked gassed and how great of a victory it made Fury’s look like but people don’t listen!

Surprise, surprise! Looking for a rematch at Wembley, it's all about the money. Money talks, there are no losers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom