Any boxing fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone watching the big fight tomorrow?

Oh hell yes, been waiting for this for a long time. :D

As the week's progressed I reckon Frampton will win.

Bit biased, but had a drink with Scott's dad Kenny tonight, known him for years and his dad (Scott's granddad Harry Quigg) used to be one of my better mates. Scott's grandmother owns our local chippie and his mum still works there. Knowing the family as I do, I'm obviously in the pro Quigg camp, but I think that this one will be the tester for the lad. Hopefully he'll do it. :)

Incidentally, remember Ady Lewis (The mighty Atom)? Another Bury lad who drinks in my local. Never any trouble in my local pub, which is why I still drink there. :thumb:

Proper 50:50 fight.

Our house has everything crossed for Quigg, he seems really hungry for it.

Bit biased, but had a drink with Scott's dad Kenny tonight, known him for years and his dad (Scott's granddad Harry Quigg) used to be one of my better mates. Scott's grandmother owns our local chippie and his mum still works there. Knowing the family as I do, I'm obviously in the pro Quigg camp, but I think that this one will be the tester for the lad. Hopefully he'll do it. :)
Scott is a shining example to all those working class lads who aren't the brightest buttons that if you dedicate yourself then you can be a success in whatever you put your mind to.

When the fight was announced my head said Frampton but my heart said Quigg but after the way Eddie Hearn and Joe Gallagher have carried on during the lead up then I've found myself wanting Frampton to win just to piss all over JG's fire.

I think whatever happens there will be a rematch, there's too much money to be made for there not to be!

Bit of a boring fight, Quigg looked like he'd frozen because of the electric atmosphere and Frampton, quite rightly, got the decision (although the one judge that have it Quigg must have been watching with his eyes shut!)

Scott didn't turn up for the first six rounds Lee.

As you say, he looked a bit in awe initially, and when he eventually did kick in it, after Gallagher told him he was 6 - 1 down, it seemed a case of too little too late.

Can't see Team Frampton being overly keen on a rematch though after a couple of those right handers eventually got through.

Can't see Team Frampton being overly keen on a rematch though after a couple of those right handers eventually got through.

Pains me to say it, really does, but I doubt Frampton will look to a rematch simply because he's a whole level above Quigg and he didn't really have to get out of second gear and he'd probably win it even easier second time round

It'll be interesting to see though where both fighters go from here, I've heard that Frampton will have to give up one of the belts because of the mandatory challengers.

A great result for Anthony Joshua last night but the fight was too short to assess his credentials at this level.

The much-talked about meeting with Tyson Fury would be more of a challenge and is guaranteed to attract huge interest - at least on this side of the Atlantic.

Quite how David Haye sees himself as Joshua's next opponent is anyone's guess. Since his "comeback" he's had a few seconds against a gallant no-hoper and if he is allowed to challenge Joshua then it will be a sad indictment of the circus that the heavyweight division has become.

A great result for Anthony Joshua last night but the fight was too short to assess his credentials at this level.

The much-talked about meeting with Tyson Fury would be more of a challenge and is guaranteed to attract huge interest - at least on this side of the Atlantic.

Quite how David Haye sees himself as Joshua's next opponent is anyone's guess. Since his "comeback" he's had a few seconds against a gallant no-hoper and if he is allowed to challenge Joshua then it will be a sad indictment of the circus that the heavyweight division has become.
How was Martin any better than de mori ?
He (Martin) got the title as the other (crap) guy ducked & burst his knee cap & the title was given to Martin ...bloody rubbish. Haye at the moment would(imo) be to much for Joshua, likeable guy that he is, he should shy away from Haye . A great match for him would either Lucas Browne WBA champion (solid performer) he might be a handful as he gave a good account of himself against James Toney , who is all about 'experience' ....A very good pick imo, who I think Joshua would smash, would be Wilder the WBC holder, he is ready & the right Type of fighter(I cannot bring myself to say 'Style' where Wilder is concerned
) for Joshua, I think Joshua can be very good but not rushed too quickly & he should be around @ the top for awhile & this is why I think Haye/Klitchko @ the moment its best to avoid!

Last edited:
Scott is a shining example to all those working class lads who aren't the brightest buttons that if you dedicate yourself then you can be a success in whatever you put your mind to.

Read this & had to reply, my good friend Eddie Stone, is a humble & lovely fella, we used to have many many parties at his family home , a nicer family & friend you could not wish for. One of the children was Adrian, he went on to become IBO Intercontinental Welterweight Title (1996) & IBO Light Middleweight Title (2000-01) world champion, he boxed where my son's boxed & was a great inspiration to them & all the local guys in Bristol.

If you read through the Adrian Stone history it tells you First ever man to defeat Ross Thompson.

Adrian was 2x IBO 154 Champion and made 3 defences of the title. Never avoided no one and went in there with the likes of Vernon Forrest, (Peak)Shane Mosely and Sergio Martinez.

OK what all this does NOT tell you is unfortunately his Mother suddenly died when he was 19, he was so distraught & could not come to terms with it that he went to visit family/freinds in the USA, from then he threw himself into the sport & the rest is history, what a lovely guy & he did it all by himself,this the real heart & determination of Adrian. His Dad Eddie was/is not a wealthy man , he has remarried & is living on the outskirts of Bristol.

Last edited:

If he carries on his current trajectory he'll be fighting for a world title by next year.

The only real issue I have with the heavyweight division is, just like Anthony Joshua's career, prospects aren't really tested until they get to the top level if they are able to dodge the right way. And when you see someone like Joshua winning a title off of a bum then you know it's relatively easy to get there.

Hopefully Fury will beat Klitschko again, go and wipe Joshua out to reclaim the IBF title that was stolen from him and then go to war with Deontay Wilder.

How was Martin any better than de mori ?
He (Martin) got the title as the other (crap) guy ducked & burst his knee cap & the title was given to Martin ...bloody rubbish. Haye at the moment would(imo) be to much for Joshua, likeable guy that he is, he should shy away from Haye . A great match for him would either Lucas Browne WBA champion (solid performer) he might be a handful as he gave a good account of himself against James Toney , who is all about 'experience' ....A very good pick imo, who I think Joshua would smash, would be Wilder the WBC holder, he is ready & the right Type of fighter(I cannot bring myself to say 'Style' where Wilder is concerned
) for Joshua, I think Joshua can be very good but not rushed too quickly & he should be around @ the top for awhile & this is why I think Haye/Klitchko @ the moment its best to avoid!

It'll be interesting to see how Joshua copes with a mobile fighter, Haye and Fury are both not easy to pin down and all AJ has come up against so far has been cricket stumps; standing still waiting to get hit.

I think below the top ten heavyweights, the standard is terrible, the prime weight right now is welterweight to middleweight in my opinion.

Although it's not always wise for a welterweight to fight a full blown middleweight, especially the Mexican ones. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how Joshua copes with a mobile fighter,

Agree & how he copes with a huge hit that Haye can dish out! Hope he is not in the same vein as Bruno, they look like two bodybuilders, which is not good for mobility or stamina in the later rounds Will be interesting to see how Joshua can cope if dragged into later rounds while under severe attacks.

I would steer him towards Wilder, Joshua ,imo, can beat him...

Agree & how he copes with a huge hit that Haye can dish out! Hope he is not in the same vein as Bruno, they look like two bodybuilders, which is not good for mobility or stamina in the later rounds Will be interesting to see how Joshua can cope if dragged into later rounds while under severe attacks.

I would steer him towards Wilder, Joshua ,imo, can beat him...

The left hook Dillian Whyte caught Joshua with wasn't a great shot really yet it rocked him, and even though Wilder has got the skinniest legs I've ever seen for a heavyweight he can certainly bang.

Either way, it'd be a great match up and one I hope gets made.

He can bang but he leans into every hook, Joshua can easily time him, with some uppercuts & over the top right hands Pow he will go...or let Haye go 1st & show him how its done !

Parker looked out on his feet from round 6. Takam didnt keep him on the hook the few times he had him on the run. At times Parker's guard was non existent. That will be open to a decent boxer to exploit.
If he ends up as Joshua's mandatory, I cant see him winning that fight.

Many are saying that, and the team understand the comment, but such great entertainment - especially in round 8, even if he didn't quite have the power needed to finish him off.

The way forward here is for him to fight others as for experience and see how things develop from there - even if it means losing the challenge fight for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom