Any boxing fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fights of the night were Burton v Buglioni and Chisora v White, both absolute crackers.

Sad to see Carl Frampton get beat last night, I think it boiled down to they got the tactics wrong, Santa Cruz fought the fight on the back foot and kept Carl on the end of his jab. I was actually surprised by the scorecards being so close, I thought Santa Cruz won easily.

Hopefully they can agree to a third fight in Belfast, if they manage to get it there I'll be buying tickets!

Joshua v klitschko this Sat, at Wembley. Joshua to win round 6 tko, Bring it on! :thumb:

Joshua v klitschko this Sat, at Wembley. Joshua to win round 6 tko, Bring it on! :thumb:

I wouldn't like to predict in which round the fight will end but if Joshua can't comfortably beat a 41 year-old who has been out of the ring for nearly a year-and-a-half then something is very wrong.

Old Klitchsko wasn't world champion for 10 years for no reason, I don't think it will be straight forward for Joshua and Klitchsko looks in very good shape, if is heart is truly in it it will be a hell of a fight. I don't think Joshua can win on points over 12 rounds, it has to be a TKO IMO!

Anyone know when they will enter the ring? My Mrs is selfishly having a 40th birthday party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLSMark said:
Anyone know when they will enter the ring? My Mrs is selfishly having a 40th birthday party Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looking at the undercard a I'd say around 10pm

Hard to judge AJ's career due to the amount of bums he's fought (and I'd include the man he took the IBF title off in that) so it's interesting to see whether he really is all hype or he can back it up.

Funny how Fury never got the praise he deserved when he did the unthinkable and ripped the titles from Klitschko, even funnier when they promote Joshua as some moral guardian when in fact he was a drug dealer!

Hard to judge AJ's career due to the amount of bums he's fought (and I'd include the man he took the IBF title off in that) so it's interesting to see whether he really is all hype or he can back it up.

Funny how Fury never got the praise he deserved when he did the unthinkable and ripped the titles from Klitschko, even funnier when they promote Joshua as some moral guardian when in fact he was a drug dealer!

He's far too muscular to go the distance I think, carrying all that will have him blowing out his **** by the later rounds, klitchko is the boxing equivalent of a Tony Pulis team, so defensive looking for that one opportunity.

On the other hand AJ could just obliterate him within 5 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The longer the fight goes on the more I favour Wlad.

Joshua was tiring in the fights he's had that went past 3 rounds. If Wlad can keep him at bay till the 5th round, then I fancy him to gradually wear AJ down with his jab.

That said, I would love to see AJ win, been following him since London 2012. Ok he's with Hearn, his press conferences and the way he acts is definitely scripted, but you can't dispute his dedication in trying to be the best he can be.

The longer the fight goes on the more I favour Wlad.

Joshua was tiring in the fights he's had that went past 3 rounds. If Wlad can keep him at bay till the 5th round, then I fancy him to gradually wear AJ down with his jab.

The longer the fight goes on the more the circumstances will favour the younger man.

That said, I would love to see AJ win, been following him since London 2012. Ok he's with Hearn, his press conferences and the way he acts is definitely scripted, but you can't dispute his dedication in trying to be the best he can be.

Scripted they may be but he has conducted himself professionally and with dignity which is more than David Haye seems to be able to manage.

The longer the fight goes on the more the circumstances will favour the younger man.

Not necessarily, Since Joshua turned pro he has put on 19lbs of mainly muscle, he will tire more as the muscles have to be fed oxygen & avoid burn out lactic acid build up. So far he has not had to worry about this or pacing himself, here he will need to...

Scripted they may be but he has conducted himself professionally and with dignity which is more than David Haye seems to be able to manage.

I agree Scott, we all make mistakes & we all deserve a second chance, so I hope all goes well for AJ.
Scripted it is Scott but have to admit he is a bit more fluid in his conversations than dear old Frank Bruno...he was, by his own admission, a bit of a bully boy growing up, but luckily for Frank, Terry Lawless found him & the rest is history.
I think AJ is a bit better than Frank was at this stage in his career , but please, no one should take his winning of a World title seriously at all, the guy Martin was a Bum...& as The Gypsy King has said recently "I'm coming back & is wiping all bums ". Ha ha ha you have to love Fury, I do hope he comes back, plus if he faces either one of these in the next 2 years he'll beat them both ...add Wilder, the fairy Queen to the list!

All ok. One of the oiks has it on his laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom