Any boxing fans here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joshua wins round 11, put klitscho down three times, ref stops fight.

Darrell said:
So what happens now? Wilder and that's it. And he's useless.

I'm hoping a rematch as that was one if not the best heavyweight matchup there has been in a decade. Waldimir actually looked in very good shape.

I'm hoping a rematch as that was one if not the best heavyweight matchup there has been in a decade. Waldimir actually looked in very good shape.

He was in brilliant shape. Brilliant fight. Lots of technicalities we could discuss but ultimately credit to both men.

Wilder is an absolute joke. AJ would see those exaggerated swings a mile off and hopefully, showing some patience... he'd counter and swing his jaw back to 2009

As for Fury his boxing skills are also debatable, he's more talented at making a mockery of himself! His victory over Klitschko was also dismal

SPX said:
funnier when they promote Joshua as some moral guardian when in fact he was a drug dealer!

So turning his life around for the better, and becoming a pro boxer doesn't count for anything? :eek:

I'd imagine quite a number of people from that background have turned to certain means to make money. Fury is hardly a Saint either

Best fight for a long time. Both fighters on the canvas. People saying AJ hasn't fought past this round, that round answered a few critics tonight with that performance. Took a breather between a few rounds, regained his composure and knocked him down with a stunning uppercut that no man would have been able to withstand. But fair play to Klitschko he got up and my heart goes out to him.
Fury's name now being touted, personally, rather he goes and grabs Wilders belt first.

So turning his life around for the better, and becoming a pro boxer doesn't count for anything? :eek:

Didn't say that did I?

No, my point is how Fury gets ripped into because of his background yet AJ's backers make him out to be a whiter-than-white role model when in fact he was a drug dealer in his younger years and worse still is he grassed his mates up to get an intent to supply charge down to possession...

Great fight, great to see AJ finally stepping up after being handed such an easy route, fighting a top level boxer and winning hopefully he'll keep it up and not go back to easy fights now.

The Wilder fight would be a good one, but the one with the most interest would be the Fury fight.

Yep, top fight.

Fury will get a sore back before he'll fight anybody significant. :)

Last edited:
No, my point is how Fury gets ripped into because of his background yet AJ's backers make him out to be a whiter-than-white role model when in fact he was a drug dealer in his younger years and worse still is he grassed his mates up to get an intent to supply charge down to possession...

Fury gets ripped into because he regularly makes brainless sexist and racist comments.

A bit of "bad boy" publicity is part of his "heel" image and helps sell tickets before a fight and keep him in the public eye between fights but he really should give more thought to some of the rubbish he spouts.

^^ And where Joshua stepped away from the drugs and gangsta stuff, Fury got caught using. The guy is a f*****g disgrace to his family and boxing. He even makes pikeys look bad.

Just watched the highlights. What a right hand from Wlad to put AJ down.

Why didn't he show that stuff against the pikey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the word 'pikey' is being thrown around here a bit too much like loose change IMO

'Fury' hasn't had a decent fight in him yet, I don't know how he's lasted this long winning when you watch through all his fights, quite a few opponents have had him rocked

Credit due nobody has knocked him down yet, but I'd pay good money to see that ridiculous smirk wiped from his face I can't stand people with egos like that, it's hard to respect such a person

He's a dirty fighter that dishes out low blows and shots to the back of the head, I hope someone puts him in his place soon

If Wlad would've fought like he did last night against Fury, there would be no argument

Didn't say that did I?

People rip into fury as he's a *****. People back and love AJ because he's a likeable person. Simple as. If people buy into the person the negative bits of their background remains in the background. Well for the most part anyway.

Funny how it's ok to call Fury "pikey", that's acceptable on here I see, wonder what uproar there'd be if the drug dealing grass was called derogatory names...

SPX said:
Funny how it's ok to call Fury "pikey", that's acceptable on here I see, wonder what uproar there'd be if the drug dealing grass was called derogatory names...
what's wrong with calling him a pikey?

Fury gets ripped into because he regularly makes brainless sexist and racist comments.

He doesn't do himself any favours at times but most of the stuff he spouts is tongue-in-cheek, livens the boxing world up, better than listen to "Stay Humble" and all those other cliches that Joshua is told to say.

SPX said:
He doesn't do himself any favours at times but most of the stuff he spouts is tongue-in-cheek, livens the boxing world up, better than listen to "Stay Humble" and all those other cliches that Joshua is told to say.
It doesn't liven it up at all. It makes people think he's an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom