Any Brickies / Builders on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justin1600

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 AMG
Trying to get my new garage built but keep waiting and waiting and waiting for quotes. Does anyone know roughly labour wise what it would cost to concrete block this Garage.
It is 9m Long, 5.5m wide and 2.5m high, the roller shutter at the rear is 4.5m wide and 2.5m high. The French doors at the front are 2m wide and 2.1m high and the window is 0.9m high and 1.2m wide.
Been told that the concrete blocks needed would be around £900 plus sand and cement. The foundations and base are all done and been done professionally, so I am ready for the blockwork

Not an expert but price for blocks seems spot on.

My estimate would be 50 hours so about £1500.

Say about £2500 all inclusive. Plus vat if needed.

Not an expert but price for blocks seems spot on.

My estimate would be 50 hours so about £1500.

Say about £2500 all inclusive. Plus vat if needed.

Cheers, I have had one quote so far which was around that figure but did not know if it was expensive or not .

An experienced brickie would charged between £250-£300 a day, so I've been told?? Don't flame me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinaero View Post
An experienced brickie would charged between £250-£300 a day, so I've been told?? Don't flame me if I am wrong.

£250-£300 a day - You could get half of Poland for that!!

I was thinking £250 a day and about 3-4 days work, but not proved right yet :crazy:

£250 a day is bit steep. More like 150, but depends if he is giving you a price or working on day rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinaero View Post

£250-£300 a day - You could get half of Poland for that!!

I bet there are some good Jam Roll bricklayers, just a matter of finding one :D

Ooops! I was wrong, its 150-£200 a day, just asked a friend who is in the trade, he said the best way is to ask brickie to quote on labour per sq metre...

in Manchester it would be £150 day

I'm in a trade mysellf, but don't come across manny brickies, but ill see what I can do. No promises.

Pm me where abouts you are.

I am based in South East London, many thanks :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom