Any Builders in/around Hertfordshire? Garage Roof Truss mod for 4 post lift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks. Looking at Rollerdor at the moment. Seem decent enough as won't necessarily be a long term requirement.

I am indeed fitting them behind the brickwork so should be able to hit it all nice & square if though the brickwork isn't! I will look to put a cover trim on the inside reveal of the brick work as it is double skinned with a small cavity. I might leave maybe 15mm of the channel past the brickwork to butt the liner/trim to with a nice bead of black silicone to trim/channel. Should stop it being a dirt/cobweb trap this way.

I’ve fitted three roller doors over the years. The essential is to get the roller shaft absolutely square to the frame sides. Even a little ‘out’ and it creaks and groans as it rolls. Also if it’s possible to get it mounted behind the Ingo it gives that extra width to the opening.

You'll have you translate that Derek, not all Englishman are familer with such words.

:D

I knew what you meant. Within 3 months of moving I had to adapt to the local phrases.

Ken what a mean?

I knew what you meant. Within 3 months of moving I had to adapt to the local phrases.

Ken whit a mean?

Fine a ken.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Managed to get most of the garage cleared now & the 4200 out of the workshop then over to the new garage lift to try for size.

I knew I needed to replace the old up & over garage door for a roller door but thought I would try it to see how it fit/sat.

Now I am not really a very lucky person per se in the main. However I have just got very lucky this time for sure. The moons have all aligned & the lift, the 4200 the garage door all work together in perfect harmony. Means I don't need to replace the garage door at all if I don't want to as it works all as is. Sure it is reasonably snug but has enough tolerance that it is not uncomfortably tight.

I can now still open the garage door open & close with the 4200 sat in the stored upper position. I never thought that this would be remotely possible but surprise surprise it does!

ef84912539490e78a41d4cafd2998a5a.jpg
38b3dda63dc25165f68d2a4337fb0435.jpg
ae0658d40f82589c455fb105651e3c33.jpg
4db1ebd83928d7a0fa1a0d452793dad5.jpg
455b74f2b4163d0a222ac0c41c5245d6.jpg
2e24c2baa04405841b7d65631049d795.jpg

That is quite close, just be carefull once you have it up then use the jacking beam to raise a set of wheels

That is quite close, just be carefull once you have it up then use the jacking beam to raise a set of wheels
Thanks. It is pretty close but that is only when it is up in the storage position and only with the garage door open. I would probably work on it one notch down or even at that height with the garage door closed I have tons of space above. All in all it has worked out really well & I don't think I would change anything if I did it all again.

I'm glad I went for the bigger, heavier, wider, longer lift in the end. The next size down & smallest one would have been too small.

Its so much easier doing anything on a car on a ramp, you will not regret what you have done

Thanks. Yes, I'm hoping so. I had to drill out broken studs & pop some bolts/nuts on the XC90 a few weeks ago as an exhaust joint had snapped/separated. Not much fun rolling around on the concrete under axle stands & jacks etc. Took me ages as just not much room to work.

On the lift it would have taken a quarter of the time. I have a winter project TVR body swap to do so it will get well used I'm sure.

It has been so much better phsycologically to start seeing visible progress the last few weeks. It has been hard doing all the work prior as you just don't see much visible progress.

Try Securoglide for your roller door.
Near neighbour had an inferior product fitted which blew away in a gale. This was the product which it was replaced by.
I've since fitted 2 of these and found the quality to be good & fitting straightforward.
edit
Don't go for a manual door. They are a PITA. You have to unlock them with a key then make sure you have removed the key before opening the door. Auto is the only way.

Thanks.

Looms like I might be OK with the existing door left inplace for the moment as least. Allows me to spend the cash on the TVR instead!

When did you but your agm ?I was told the company is in limbo .cash strapped and on the rocks ! Finding it very difficult to get any parts at the moment

I got it from Equipment 4 Garages in Bricketwood/Hertford. Might be worth calling them to see if they have spares. I dealt with Richard Wilson the owner to start with & he mentioned they normally hold stock of most spares.

How long have you had yours?

I got it from Equipment 4 Garages in Bricketwood/Hertford. Might be worth calling them to see if they have spares. I dealt with Richard Wilson the owner to start with & he mentioned they normally hold stock of most spares.

How long have you had yours?
Well I wish I had one I work at a garage equipment company. I repair and service that sort of stuff

Not done too much due to busy Xmas & poor weather as need to get the outside garage soffits done & insulated/boarded.

Built a nice little well quite big dolly for wheeling a random bodyshell around.

Rewired the lights which is useful when it seems to be dark early & most of the time!
9cfe862f7686c44d30570b24770b4ddd.jpg
2fff4c4f70ef1ccaca44d7c0844aa45b.jpg
92caebb887fb6f27ec35645513a062e8.jpg
a9a72688d7526441ed1ecba3738ab2a0.jpg

Well that didn't work adding a video from my mobile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom