Any carpenters in London?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Any of you guys a carpenter or can recommend one in London? My youngest son's girlfriend needs some shelving in her flat. She wants to fit them into alcoves so they need to be made to a specific size. Thank you

If your son or his partner are able to fit a few rawl plugs into the alcove then B+Q can cut timber to specific sizes from one of their off the shelf sheets of MDF etc.

Just remember to size them to the smallest internal size , not just from one random measurement.

What about glass shelving , we recently had two made for our alcove and IIRC is was around £80 for the bespoke pair.

K

I suspect many youngsters have neither the time, or skills or the kit to do much DIY these days.
I must admit that even now, when I have a drill etc, and am retired with lots of spare time I would probably choose to get someone in to do a proper job if I wanted a stress free day

Chances are the walls won't be plumb or square. The options available would largely depend upon her budget. A carpenter, especially in London, isn't going to be cheap.
Does she want fixed shelving or adjustable?
Does she want an inbuilt look, or something simple?
What materials?
All will affect the price.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

;)

Last edited:
Looks like you're not the only one looking for a carpenter

1654084556349.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom