Any chance of an official club GTG happening this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
Considering the members list is getting bigger by the day,would it not be nice to have a gtg where most of us can attend and put names to faces.

i doubt it will happen, not with "most members". for more than 20 to attend (ie bigger than the existing yearly meets that various regulars have at their places over the year) it would need to be something special that would warrant a long journey.

an official GTG was discussed for last year but never happend.

that said, i'd love it to, but i really cant see it. best to keep with the existing style GTG that already happen across the regions IMO.

i doubt it will happen, not with "most members". for more than 20 to attend (ie bigger than the existing yearly meets that various regulars have at their places over the year) it would need to be something special that would warrant a long journey.

an official GTG was discussed for last year but never happend.

that said, i'd love it to, but i really cant see it. best to keep with the existing style GTG that already happen across the regions IMO.

The last one was two years ago and that got cancelled hence I though maybe is time we might start thinking for an official club one
I can arrange one down this way but that'll be in a put with maxx 50 car spaces,I'm talking bigger though

It was just a thought and it would be nice if I did happen

Wasn't the last one off in mid-Wales? It looked like quite a long journey for most people.

Needed IMO to be somewhere easier to get to.

Actually I know just the place. Fishing lake near us. Has a large grass field for campers and caravans and events. Has a pub/cafe/restaurant. Expensive and more budget hotels nearby.

M1, M18 and A1 nearby... Easy to get to from North or South...

But Bluewater obviously has the greater appeal:D

As an aside when Bluewater first opened I was a student and part time team leader in a call centre that took their calls.

We were besieged by calls on the first day first of all by people who had 'lost' their car, and then people complaining about all the traffic as the shops closed at 5PM asking why we were answering the phone and not out sorting the traffic, couldn't we see the chaos?

The answer, most obviously was no, as we were in Bristol....

Actually I know just the place. Fishing lake near us. Has a large grass field for campers and caravans and events. Has a pub/cafe/restaurant. Expensive and more budget hotels nearby.

M1, M18 and A1 nearby... Easy to get to from North or South...

But Bluewater obviously has the greater appeal:D

As an aside when Bluewater first opened I was a student and part time team leader in a call centre that took their calls.

We were besieged by calls on the first day first of all by people who had 'lost' their car, and then people complaining about all the traffic as the shops closed at 5PM asking why we were answering the phone and not out sorting the traffic, couldn't we see the chaos?

The answer, most obviously was no, as we were in Bristol....

We could have 2, one at the aforementioned shopping centre for the AMG people, and one at Thurrock for the normal ones?

Save any agro.

Hard enough to get more than 5 people to turn up to the Christmas do at a nice museum and then a nice restaurant .

Hard enough to get more than 5 people to turn up to the Christmas do at a nice museum and then a nice restaurant .

Remeber that we did a bunk when the resturant man got stroppy?

Yes , but the point is that we were there initially.

Olly's premises are always rammed full of people and Jay's sizeable parking lot filled to capacity!

So, some manage to attract a good crowd. For a club 'national' event it would have to be something very special and very central / easy to get to.

Olly's premises are always rammed full of people and Jay's sizeable parking lot filled to capacity!

So, some manage to attract a good crowd. For a club 'national' event it would have to be something very special and very central / easy to get to.

Like the Heritage Centre at Gaydon, Warwickshire?
M40 Junction 12.

Central (ish)
Very large car park
Restaurant
Large motoring museum

Heritage Motor Centre Motor Museum, Gaydon

Some have been there before (and recently), but there's no doubt it's a great venue for a meeting of the (MBClubUK) minds.

Last edited:
I'd second that John.

But as I mentioned the Club would have to put on some special event, display, guest even, to get large numbers of people along

I'd second that John.

But as I mentioned the Club would have to put on some special event, display, guest even, to get people along

Why's that Peter, in 2010 the MBOF guys went for Christmas and the turnout was great - much more that 2011?

There's the Land Rover Experience there that we could get a discount on I'm sure.

Our Scottish members host us so well we should remember that Gaydon is not that central for them likewise our south coast buddies too.

I'm sure that will be taken in to consideration in the planning stages though. Always difficult nailing a central location in such a far flung membership. Where ever it is I'll be there.

Why's that Peter, in 2010 the MBOF guys went for Christmas and the turnout was great - much more that 2011?

There's the Land Rover Experience there that we could get a discount on I'm sure.

Just thinking that if this was to be an official Club GTG then they would be hoping for 100's to turn up. There would have to be something for those family members 'dragged' along? Catering and possibly camping facilities?

Probably too late for this year? Need to organise these things 1 or 2yrs ahead.

Our Scottish members host us so well we should remember that Gaydon is not that central for them likewise our south coast buddies too.

I'm sure that will be taken in to consideration in the planning stages though. Always difficult nailing a central location in such a far flung membership. Where ever it is I'll be there.

It's gonna be hard John.

Where Gaydon scores is that it's just off the motorway network (1 mile), there's food, drink, warmth and cars.

And hotels for those travelling a long way.

*** did it from Scotland in 2010, mind you, he's a bit of a nutter, eh Steve ;)?

Further north is further for the south coast boys and further south is further for the Scotland lads - it's a toughie.

It's gonna be hard John.

Where Gaydon scores is that it's just off the motorway network (1 mile), there's food, drink, warmth and cars.

And hotels for those travelling a long way.

*** did it from Scotland in 2010, mind you, he's a bit of a nutter, eh Steve ;)?

Stick a pork pie on his bonnet star and he'll drive anywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom