Any comments on Forte diesel Additive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Russell

Car
Vaneo. 1.7CDi. I know. Stop laughing ! I need an MPV and it had to be Mercedes. OK ?
Hello,
Came across this stuff yesterday, and it's not cheap.
Welcome to Forté Lubricants
Forte

Wondered if anyone had any experience - is it snake oil, or is it known to really clean your bits and do the biz ?

Reason I ask is that I got a diagnosis of a dodgy idling injector yesterday, and the mechanic added this stuff to see if it made a difference. He had suggested keeping some in the system for a bit to see if it clears the injector over the next couple of weeks - rather than splashing out on what is a big job - unless it's an electronics problem - then it's never going to help.

Injectors ar £200 each and it's at least half a shift to change them, so I'm keen to see if this will do the job.

Several positive reports on this forum - I've been casually looking for it for sale, but yet to find it.

I used to work for the RoyalMail and if the mechanics had a L.D.V that smoked a lot at M.O.T time they used to take the fuel filter out and fill it with Forte and rev the nuts off and it cleared them out.
iv used it and would say its good stuff.

What is the best way to use this stuff? Just add all or some to a tank and then drive normally or is there a recommended approach?

Thanks

I use this quite a bit in my place. I have an account with Forte. :thumb:

My man put in a new fuel filter and used it to charge the filter - you know how it needs to be filled up, otherwise it sucks air and will never start.

It didn't fix the dodgy injector issue, but he's thinking it might over time.
Basically he's honest and trustworthy enough not to engage me in a £1000 job that might be cured by some magic juice - hence my question.

Anyway, it's supposedly trade only, and I was charged £15 for it. Very interested that some people can get it for little more than a fiver.
Thanks for that.

As renault12ts points out read here.

Forte does work very well and cleaned up my 320cdi superbly. :cool:

Forte does work.
I have used it in the past.
BUT
I find that Millers works just as well and is much cheaper.
I switched to Millers a couple of years ago and use it at every fill-up.
Cheers.
Johnsco

It is great stuff, and is highly recommended.
About £14 per bottle, but will make a failed diesel emmisions test suddenly pass.

Forte does work.
I have used it in the past.
BUT
I find that Millers works just as well and is much cheaper.
I switched to Millers a couple of years ago and use it at every fill-up.
Cheers.
Johnsco

If you use it regularly, you can get Millers in 5L containers now MUCH cheaper than the Halfords dosing bottles.

If you use it regularly, you can get Millers in 5L containers now MUCH cheaper than the Halfords dosing bottles.

That's how I always use it.
Much cheaper.
Johnsco

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom