Any difference between these Pollen Filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oxfordian

Car
C220 CDI Sports Coupe
While checking out pollen filters (original equipment = MA203 830 10 18) I came across these 3 on Euro Car Parts which are all Activated Carbon and the same dimension:

Crosland - Part No: 507220498 @ £12.91
Bosch - Part No: 507220497 @ £19.73
Mann - Part No: 507220499 @ £17.10

So is there any difference or is it a case of just get the cheapest?

Cannot comment those particular filters but what I have found there are differences in filter frames, some has none, some has very solid and strong feeling plastic frames.

I would go for Bosch or Mann, but that's just my own view after having a bad experience with a Crosland filter some years back.

If I am correct, ECP bought part of Crosland (or Crosland UK??) which gave them the rights to the name etc. This means they now manufacturer their own under this brand name but they are not as good as the Crosland of old (who I believe still exist but maybe not here) hence is possibly the reason for the difference in quality.

Of course I stand to be corrected.

Bosch or Mann are fine. How much more is the genuine item from MB? Well for a few quid more......I know what I would do

FILTER - C Class 2002 - 2007 (203) C180 Komp - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

Buy oem not much difference in cost

Ok, it will be the Mann or Bosch to replace a Wix WP9102 which lacks the Activated Carbon element.

Thanks guys.

The link in my earlier post shows the Mercedes part for £2 more

While checking out pollen filters (original equipment = MA203 830 10 18) I came across these 3 on Euro Car Parts which are all Activated Carbon and the same dimension:

Crosland - Part No: 507220498 @ £12.91
Bosch - Part No: 507220497 @ £19.73
Mann - Part No: 507220499 @ £17.10
g.png

So is there any difference or is it a case of just get the cheapest?
what this price included shipping?

I use Mann. On the basis that I've had Crossland filters that don't fit and I never buy the cheapest or most expensive.

I bought this very filter both MB-branded A203 830 10 18 (which is what I have now) and Mahle LAK 129/1 (which is what I had before). The Mahle was fine.

Keep in mind though that the filter for LHD cars is different to RHD cars - I am not suggesting that ECP will sell you the wrong filter, but I would always check the P/N on the manufacturer's website to confirm before ordering online.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom