"Any Driver" insurance policy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

I am looking for companies that offer any driver insurance, for my father-in-laws car.

Currently he has any any driver policy with saga and that is up for renewal at the end of May, so looking for alternatives to compare the renewal quote with.

The reason that we need any driver is because we can't find any companies that will allow 6 named drivers. With the old car we would just drive it third party using our own policies as the cars value was not that much, however with the Volvo we feel that we should all have fully comprehensive cover when we drive it.

All of the drivers are over 25 and all bar my wife, have policies in their own name or company policies that allow them to drive other vehicles.

Thanks

Tan

Most commercial car policies cover any driver, usually over 25, but I would think they would be expensive. I would have thought the named driver option would have been the best.

When we had a villa in Spain my wife had any driver on her car in case she was taken ill and someone else had to drive it. Wasn't massively expensive over named drivers. We used Scottish General - I believe they are now owned by Aviva and were a broker only office.

Hi, I was just going to suggest you speak to primo, he gave me a very good multi vehicle quote a few weeks ago but the missus was insistant on keeping her own policy so with just me it wasn't worth it.

Andy.

The status of a spouses' NCD on a multi vehicle insurance policy

Hi, I was just going to suggest you speak to primo, he gave me a very good multi vehicle quote a few weeks ago but the missus was insistant on keeping her own policy so with just me it wasn't worth it.

Andy.

Thanks for the recommendation!

The status of a spouses' NCD on a multi vehicle insurance is often queried. Obviously I can't answer for other companies, but with our contract NCD proof is returned (at cancellation / deletion of a vehicle / divorce etc.) in the name of the person who provided the NCD in the first place.

No idea if they're competitive, but a few years ago when the kids were learning to drive we had an any driver / any age policy with the CIS (Co-op). It seemed to be standard practice amongst the perents around here as it was by far the cheapest way of getting them on the insurance.

I'm pretty sure LV= (Liverpool Victoria) will do any driver over 25. They're not ususally the cheapest, but they have a very good reputation, and, whenever we've called have always had an intelligent sounding person to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom