Any DVD/Sat nav in car recommendations???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLK2014

Car
Mercedes CLK320 w209
Hi all
I am looking for a nice DVD/Sat nav in car system for my w209. I have seen a few cool ones. A couple that run on android which I am liking but from these companies from abroad. I don't want any cheap knock offs that won't last a year, but I do not want to spend too much.

Does any one know of any recommended reasonable brands or websites??

I;d go with Alpine 970BT or Kenwood 4250DAB. Alpine is more staid looking than Kenwood, but if you want DAB, then Kenwood works out cheaper that an Alpine with DAB (925R). if you don't then Alpine 970BT nav is great. There is a Kenwood 4250BT which is like the 4250DAB but no DAB, which is very comparable to Alpine 970BT but more flashy if you prefer the look.

We're an Alpine Excellent partner, so that means if we supply and fit you get 2 year warranty. But they are so reliable if you trying to save ££ its really quite easy to fit - you will need a fascia adapter and (depending on age of CLK) some loom adapters, and if you want your steering wheel controls to work a steering wheel adapter (which i'd always use as it gives you the ignition, lights etc signals that you'll need to find elsewhere otherwise) - and you can look on youtube to see how to take it all apart.

Richard

I had a Kenwood 4210 DAB in my old car (a saab), it was really good with all the functionality you could shake a stick at and DAB too great for 6 music. Recomended
Mmmmm bit of a contrast to where I am now strugling to get this MOST thing to work :(

Plus one for Kenwood. I bought a 7650BT (I think it was) in March 2010 when I bought a new Saab. Easy to use, easy to update and inexpensive (it was £1000 fitted but the same units-no dab- are much less now). My mate bought the car last year and has no plans to change the unit. Both of us like the motorised (tilting) facia which allows adjustment to avoid glare on the screen.

I had a pioneer avic960dab last month by execspec (ahshc63)in the forum and I find it very good value for money plus Ash team they're a star!:)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom