Any e63s trickle charger recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was way over what you can buy it on Amazon for, £170 I think. But I got them to recommended it by email so I have come back if anything goes wrong.
I noticed that the Mercedes charger appears to charge both lead-acidAGM and Lithium which CTEK don’t sell themselves. If it genuinely does both then it’s fair value, as buying separate CTEK would cost a similar amount.

When go check the vehicle compatibility though on MB website, the genuine comes up as a non starter for the E63s.

I noticed that the Mercedes charger appears to charge both lead-acidAGM and Lithium which CTEK don’t sell themselves. If it genuinely does both then it’s fair value, as buying separate CTEK would cost a similar amount.

I actually still think I'm going to need two chargers, the car was complaining about a low battery before I ordered it but has been ok since, I notice the guys at the storage place have both the boot and bonnet from open according to MercedesME so I'm think they may also be floating the secondary battery on a different charger. I called mobilo out to put the charger on when the car got to storage to be on the safe side. The GT63 has a boot connector like the GT coupe also. I will let you know how it is when I get back next week.... hopefully don't need to use Mobilo for the second time ever on this car!

I actually still think I'm going to need two chargers, the car was complaining about a low battery before I ordered it but has been ok since, I notice the guys at the storage place have both the boot and bonnet from open according to MercedesME so I'm think they may also be floating the secondary battery on a different charger. I called mobilo out to put the charger on when the car got to storage to be on the safe side. The GT63 has a boot connector like the GT coupe also. I will let you know how it is when I get back next week.... hopefully don't need to use Mobilo for the second time ever on this car!

Secondary is accessories and stuff isn't it. How long does yours usually stay in storage ?

Secondary is accessories and stuff isn't it. How long does yours usually stay in storage ?

I have only driven the car 350 miles in the 9 months I have had it, it sat for 6 weeks last year after I got it with only the low battery warning every 10 days or so, I gave it a 100 mile run in mid January and its been there since as I have been stuck in Florida with work/covid.

I can’t find a 12v connector in the boot of the GT C so I’m planning a retrofit.

There shouldn’t be a need for multiple chargers. Applying power at the appropriate place should feed them both.

There was mention of a charging point in the boot on my car, but it only has the normal 12V point. It would have been handy. I attached the CTEK Comfort Connect under the bonnet, to the charging/jump points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom