Any e63s trickle charger recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good luck .. I returned the 10 and ordered the 5 ... we shall see. My app still says critical battery despite me asking PPF guys to put a charger on - then again - I see the status was updated 3 days ago - maybe it's dead already lol (or inside without reception) .. Hopefully get it back Wednesday ... the car that is ...So weird to have a brand new car and only driven it a day before vanishing for two weeks
Oop's..... the 10 is the better charger IMO.

Problem is - CTEC told me

" Charging with a bigger charger than recommended will not result in a completely charged battery and will not optimally extend the battery life and performance. "

So now I am not sure ....

Problem is - CTEC told me

" Charging with a bigger charger than recommended will not result in a completely charged battery and will not optimally extend the battery life and performance. "

So now I am not sure ....
The 5.0 is for batteries 1.2-110Ah and the 10 is for batteries 20-300Ah.

yea the e63s is what - 70Ah ?

Thanks guys for your help - much appreacited ...

Was pretty much same price on Amazon ... I checked it - it was new and is the recent model - so I can only imagine I was lucky ... Got an extension and wall mount as well ...

Wont make any difference other than charging the battery twice as quick as an MXS5.0. The MXS10 has the added advantage of a temperature sensor and a 12v supply mode.

Is the sensor a "battery temperature" sensor (needing a thermocouple to attach to the battery for monitoring & not useful on modern cars) or "charger temperature" sensor?

My old MXS 7 has a 12v supply mode and a "charger temperature" sensor.

Understood. But why buy a far more expensive charger when the cheaper one will do the job just as well?
I have both. I agree the 5.0 will do the job but the 10 has additional features and according to the OP was cheaper than the 5.0.

I have both. I agree the 5.0 will do the job but the 10 has additional features and according to the OP was cheaper than the 5.0.

That is a surprise. If you have both then I can't argue with your findings.

Yea sorry, I got it wrong, wasn't cheaper but difference was like 10 quid ...

Understood. But why buy a far more expensive charger when the cheaper one will do the job just as well?

Time - the MXS 10 will charge 2x the speed of a MXS 5 - a completely flat 100Ah battery will take ~10 hours to charge on a MXS10 and 20 hours on the MXS5

That is a surprise. If you have both then I can't argue with your findings.
I sometimes need a 12v supply that the 10 provides. I also charge my SL outside temporarily blocking the driveway, the 10 charges the battery quicker than the 5.0.

I bought the Lithium compatible Ctek charger for Mercedes, The car complained of a low battery at the detailers so I bought an CTEK Lithium XS from Mercedes as my car has Lithium Ion battery on the spec sheet. It hasn't complained in the 4 months its sat in storage.

I have the MXS 10. Mine has a lithium battery. I wired the comfort connectors to the points under the bonnet.

I bought the Lithium compatible Ctek charger for Mercedes, The car complained of a low battery at the detailers so I bought an CTEK Lithium XS from Mercedes as my car has Lithium Ion battery on the spec sheet. It hasn't complained in the 4 months its sat in storage.
Would you mind me asking, how much was the charger from Mercedes?

It was way over what you can buy it on Amazon for, £170 I think. But I got them to recommended it by email so I have come back if anything goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom