Any experiences of Auto Protect warranties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
Hi,

My car came with a dealer-supplied warranty from Auto Protect. For what it's worth it's the "MBI Premier Plus", underwritten by Red Sands insurance.

I've no idea if it's a good.bad/indifferent warranty and I haven't got the handbook that should go with it (I'll order one next week)

Has anyone got any experience of Auto Protect?

I have no experience with your warranty company, but I took one with with Warranty Direct but changed my mind as they have many restrictions.

I now have one from Mercedes provided by Mondial, which costs approximately £1k a year, but should be very good, though have not made a claim yet.

I have no experience with your warranty company, but I took one with with Warranty Direct but changed my mind as they have many restrictions.

I now have one from Mercedes provided by Mondial, which costs approximately £1k a year, but should be very good, though have not made a claim yet.

Thanks - will look into that when renewing next year

I have had a couple of cars with Auto protect warranties in the past. I have made a couple of smallish claims without any hassle. They don't always allow the garage to use genuine parts though, for example I had an alternator go on one of my E classes and they would only pay for a pattern part. My advice is to read the small print carefully :)

I have had a couple of cars with Auto protect warranties in the past. I have made a couple of smallish claims without any hassle. They don't always allow the garage to use genuine parts though, for example I had an alternator go on one of my E classes and they would only pay for a pattern part. My advice is to read the small print carefully :)

Thanks - I'm trying to get hold of the policy booklet.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom