Any feedback on using Camskill for tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
I am changing the rear tyres on my E63 as I just don't like the Pirelli P Zeros that are fitted that give little grip in the cold and wet. I have decided on Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5's and Camskill are coming out with the best price for a pair of 285x30x19 rear tyres. I'd say there are around 4mm+ left on the Pirelli's so if anyone wants a pair of part worns really cheap, let me know.

I have checked almost all the online sellers including Black Circles, Tyreleader, MyTyres, Oponeo, Pneus, Lovetyres, Valuetyres, Tyresonthe drive, F1 Autocentre, National Tyres etc etc and Camskill come out with the best price and are based in the UK.

I'm not starting this thread for a discussion (again;)) on the pro's and con's of other brands, my mind is set on the Goodyears, but if anyone has some feedback on using Camskill it would be appreciated before I order them.

Goodyear Tyres / Car / Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 - 285/30 R19 98Y XL FP TL Fuel Eff.: C Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 73dB Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 19" R19" - 285/30/19, 285/30R19

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Do you have these fitted by a local tyre fitter as part of the price ?

Which presumably eats into a fair chunk of the saving, as well as the time and hassle of taking tyres and car to a fitting depot.

Can’t see the point myself.

Which presumably eats into a fair chunk of the saving, as well as the time and hassle of taking tyres and car to a fitting depot.

My feling as well. Add around £20 per tyre for fitting, new valve and disposal of the used tyre.

Surely any savings will need to be put against the cost of fitting the tyres at a suitable depot? Then once that fitting price is taken in consideration you can decide whether to proceed with the transaction.

Even after paying a local fitter, Camskill are still cheaper than My Tyres fitted prices or any of my local tyre places, that is the point.

I prefer to support a local business as the margins on the sale might be the difference to their financial survival.

As we know, the race to bottom via online shopping has killed the high street.

Even after paying a local fitter, Camskill are still cheaper than My Tyres fitted prices or any of my local tyre places, that is the point.

Blackcircles are generally either cheaper when fitting is included or the same price but without the hassle of organising tow things to achieve the same outcome.

Blackcircles are generally either cheaper when fitting is included or the same price but without the hassle of organising tow things to achieve the same outcome.
Not sure what hassle of organising things amounts to, you still have to order your tyres and book a delivery time with Blackcircles and all the others. Doesn't appear to be any easier or less tome consuming than using Camskills?
And, Camskills have always been priced much lower than all the others for any tyres I've bought.

Not sure what hassle of organising things amounts to, you still have to order your tyres and book a delivery time with Blackcircles and all the others. Doesn't appear to be any easier or less tome consuming than using Camskills?
And, Camskills have always been priced much lower than all the others for any tyres I've bought.

Fairly obvious in terms of less hassle , all done in two minute on line with a choice of time slots and dates and as for lower pricing, as said when you factor in a charge for fitting, valve replacement, disposal the overall costs are very close and often equivalent

Use Camskill for all of our cars.

Book a delivery, wait a few days, come home to find a “sorry we missed you” note, rearrange delivery, wait around for next delivery, find somwhere to store large smelly lumps of synthetic rubber, discover wrong tyres were delivered or are out of date, then spend 30 minutes on phone waiting for the local fitter to answer, book a date.

Load smelly lumps of synthetic rubber into car and drive off.

Or book tyres and fitting date in one transaction turn up., tyres fitted drive home

But hey, at least we all have a choice

Well I just bought two tyres online from tyrendo.co.uk which is a front for a german company,the tyres came from the centre of germany to my front door in 3 days,I wanted Nexen tyres and got them for £71 each against £90 in the uk plus fitting,my local home tyre fitter charges £13 a wheel to fit and disposal of tyre, the price of tyres has been going up in the UK recently,somebody is making money when you can buy cheaper in Germany and get it delivered for free.

Have also used Camskill within no issues - good company :cool:

Regards the opinions of whether it’s worth it, local businesses etc - it’s all relative.

285/30/19s are fairly expensive tyres and the difference in pricing can be £££.

Rather than paying for fitting and disposal, I’d wager that Roger could stick those Pirellis on eBay and would get enough back to cover his fitting costs at least.

Regards the ‘local’ business thing when it comes to tyres - do you buy your car tax from the local Post office, insure it with the closest insurance firm, always fill up at your local petrol station regardless of price?

Do you buy your weekly shopping from the village greengrocer, butcher, baker and the closest farm...?

Ever used eBay or Amazon ;)

I’ve spent thousands on tyres over the years, and a hundred quid or so per set does add up. Sometimes it’s been £200/£300 or more. Usually I’ve had new tyres fitted when getting wheels refurbished so fitting costs aren’t relevant in those instances.

I’m sure the local tyre shop buys his tyres from the cheapest places too :D

One thing Camskill tend to be good at is only advertising tyres they have in stock. Some of the bigger boys advertise every tyre ever made and it’s only after you have ordered them they tell you they are on back order. Or they can supply three...

Another Camskill recommendation from me.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone:thumb:
I will be using Camskill, as even with fitting at my local tyre shop 5 minutes away, they are still the cheapest around. My fitter couldn't get near that price (£155 +£13 fitting each) and Blackcircles came in at £202 each fitted. That is £70 difference on two tyres.
As for them being smelly, that is a joke isn't it?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom